Cottage rentals in Lindsay/Peterborough area

scugpg

Guys I'm looking to book a reasonable cottage for a couple days in the fall and was wondering if you have any ideas. Prefer 30mins from Lindsay/Peterborough area.

Would like to get into walleye and bass/muskie would be a bonus. Stoney lake or Pigeon comes to mind. Even a smaller lake would work for us.

If you have any recommendations let me know or shoot me a PM if you feel more comfortable that route.

We would have our own boat as well.

I've only fished pigeon once and buckhorn once but I would not hesitate to go back to either, good luck with your choice! Unfortunately I don't know anything about the resorts as I was at each just for the day.We actually had an OFC g2g at Buckhorn a number of years ago

Lower Buckhorn Lake is a good lake for walleye, bass & musky. We usually stay at 3 Castles. Nice cottages, friendly, helpful owners. They're located right by the dam in the town of Buckhorn. They have a registry of past customers - my parents name is in it from 1955!!

I'm partial to fishing on Pigeon/Chemong/Buckhorn and Jack Lakes (near Apsley). IMO, the various cottage resorts on Pigeon are all very similar. I believe there is only one resort on Jack Lake, but a lot of private cottages can be rented. Since you own a boat, if it were me I would be going the private cottage route (search the net there are a lot of sites for this).

For me, my fall trip is usually French River (just throwing that out there).