Eastern Ontario Provincial Parks

lhousesoccer

Next summer, I want to hook up with my brother and his family at an eastern Ontario provincial park. He has a 26-foot camper trailer, and I have my fishing boat. So camper facilities is a must (hydro, water, sewer), and it needs to be on a great lake for fishing and boating. We both have small children (4 to 10), so beaches for the kids would be a plus.

At first, I thought we'd check out the St. Lawrence River. But guess what? No provincial parks on the SLR. I thought that was strange. There are a couple on eastern Lake Ontario, but we don't know anything about them. My brother always camps north (Sudbury, Sault, Superior etc.). But I live out of province to the east, and we want to meet somewhere halfway.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

At first, I thought we'd check out the St. Lawrence River. But guess what? No provincial parks on the SLR.

There are parks, but they are run by a separate entity known as the St. Lawrence Parks Commission, you can find info on their facilities at this link. I haven't stayed at one myself so I can't give recommendations, but since you were looking forward to being in that area you should be able to find someplace you like.

Next summer, I want to hook up with my brother and his family at an eastern Ontario provincial park. He has a 26-foot camper trailer, and I have my fishing boat. So camper facilities is a must (hydro, water, sewer), and it needs to be on a great lake for fishing and boating. We both have small children (4 to 10), so beaches for the kids would be a plus.

At first, I thought we'd check out the St. Lawrence River. But guess what? No provincial parks on the SLR. I thought that was strange. There are a couple on eastern Lake Ontario, but we don't know anything about them. My brother always camps north (Sudbury, Sault, Superior etc.). But I live out of province to the east, and we want to meet somewhere halfway.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

The SLR fall under Canadian National Parks, such as Banff, Jasper, Bruce Peninsula etc.... there are a few National parks in Ontario. Look under Parks Canada. There are camping opportunities on actual islands in the St Law.....

I've stayed at Riverside a couple of times, and my sister goes there a few times every summer. They have quite a few fully serviced sites, but the nicest sites are right on the water. My only complaint with this place is the same complaint heard all around these parts, too much Goose poop. http://www.stlawrenceparks.com/rc.htm Shoot me a PM if you'd like recommendations for the non-serviced sites we've really liked.

We've even pulled a few nice bass out of the small inlet by the boat launch.

The Long Sault Parkway is really nice but it's so close to my house I've never bothered camping there. The beaches are really nice in the parkway assuming they are open...too much bacteria from ... once again, the geese.

If you book online you can also get discounted tickets to some of the local attractions, Upper Canada Village, Fort Henry (not really local), and some others.

Bring clubs if you like golf, Upper Canada golf course is fantastic and cheap.

Ditto for Charleston......nicest lake in Eastern Ontario IMO! Great campground too!

Very popular park, so be sure to reserve 5 months in advance!

I just spent sometime this past week in a few eastern ontario PPs. Bon Echo is a very nice park,lots to do but also very popular. Bonnechere is a small park but has very nice sites an awesome beach and good fishing. Sharbot Lake was a disappointment.too close to the highway,very noisy anda lot of very poor sites. Out of these I would reccommend either Bon Echo or Bonnechere.