PB Largemouth

LucG

With all the largemouth fishing I've been doing lately, I was finaly rewarded with a lunker. Its no nickel but its still a PB for me. No weight or measurement, but I know for sure I havent got anything that big. I think I'd put it at about 3.5-4 lbs. :)

dsc03860f.jpg

dsc03861ux.jpg

Edited by LucG

Solid mid 3's fish bud. Did ya get him flippn/pitching or throwing a topwater over the pads behind ya?

Got him, and many others, flippin a texas rigged craw style bait. At first I was flippin about 5-6' into the pads, but had much better success throwing right at the edge. It seemed as if the bass were just tucked away under the pads ready to ambush anything on the edge.

Got him, and many others, flippin a texas rigged craw style bait. At first I was flippin about 5-6' into the pads, but had much better success throwing right at the edge. It seemed as if the bass were just tucked away under the pads ready to ambush anything on the edge.

Right on. Active fish will be on the edge of the pads. Always start there then move into the pad bed. When you move into the pad bed, pitch to the edge of the clumps in the bed before punching it through the middle for the same reason as the outside edge. Good luck.

Right on. Active fish will be on the edge of the pads. Always start there then move into the pad bed. When you move into the pad bed, pitch to the edge of the clumps in the bed before punching it through the middle for the same reason as the outside edge. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips! I'm really enjoying fishing largies, on some lakes, its a whole new ball game entirely.

Yup solid 3.5er. I would be happy catching 3's all day. But wait til you hook the first big 5+. You will know becasue when you set the hook into it you wil think its snag on a log. Then it will start pulling drag. Litterallly the last5+ I hooked into I was in some logs and when I set the hook I said "crap snagged a log wheel the boat around". then my rod bent in half and I knew it was a pig. :)

If you are hitting 3's your doing the right stuff, you can try going to bigger baits if your on active fish as well. I will even throw the big 7" senkos if the fish are active to get into the big ones. I have caught Bass smaller than the worm they have hit. Big stuff usually only works on those magic days where the fish are jumping in the boat. Its worth grabbing you favorite color in the biggest size you can find for those real good days. The same as grabbing your favorite color in the smallest size for those rough days.

No Problem. I'd like a beaver pelt please... :whistling::D

LOL...If you want one, I can send you one...but you'll have to pay for it :P Unless you want to put me on a 5 pounder, then I;ll cover the costs. lol

Edited by LucG