Buying a new boat

Lunker777

Hey everyone

I have a new boat that im looking at !

Im looking at $14273 all together... hooked on the back of the truck and pulling out of the lot

A guy here @ work is telling me to go in and offer $11500 out the door.

Do you think thats a reasonable offer ???

Fish, that's why the deals are there to be had. Trying to get that much off the asking price would be a good starting point. But, on a new rig, they will probably try to stick to that price and then throw in stuff like life jackets, lines, safety equipment and the like. Stick to your guns when it comes to negotiating price and don't be afraid to walk away, if they have your number, you'll hear from them in day or two.

I really do want the boat, but its brand new... I was looking for a used rig, But then again... its brand new.... so there is piece of mind.

I dont want to be the one taking the depreciation on the rig...

Its a Polarkraft 1778WB with a 40HP Eveinrude E-Tech 2stroke ... Elec. start, power trim. There is a promo on right now that gives an extra 2 yrs on the warranty... so 5 yr warranty on the motor !

Bilge, livewell, tonnes of storage, but no casting deck ! It does have a floor though.

Someone justify this for me ? hahah

I bet his cost is more than 11500.

Probably is but at this time of year manufacturers provide additional incentives to dealers to move current and previous year product. Most dealers won't tell you this as they want to keep it for themselves if they can.

20% discount is not unheard of at this time of year. Try it but be prepared to walk.

Probably is but at this time of year manufacturers provide additional incentives to dealers to move current and previous year product. Most dealers won't tell you this as they want to keep it for themselves if they can.

20% discount is not unheard of at this time of year. Try it but be prepared to walk.

Well... I've come to the conclusion that the $11500 offer is to low.... I went to look at it again yesterday and found out its actually MY 2011 ... so I doubt they will blow it out !

I was thinking $13000 out the door might be a better offer

Well... I've come to the conclusion that the $11500 offer is to low.... I went to look at it again yesterday and found out its actually MY 2011 ... so I doubt they will blow it out !

I was thinking $13000 out the door might be a better offer

Obviously you want the boat..........so pay whatever it is worth to YOU.