Deserving Of an OUTSTANDING SERVICE AWARD . . . .

Photoz

About a month ago I started lookin' for a new 'toy,' a rather hard-to-come-by model of a popular reel. After checking most of the local tackle shops to no avail, to look at a Stradic 6000 . . . . only by special order . . . and cash up front. I found a few on Internet sites, but by the time ALL the expenses were tallied up, not a bargain. I e-mailed Mike at Fishing World, asked if maybe Shimano might 'loan' him one for me to check out, as I might not be able to match it with the carp rods I had in mind. Simple solution . . . "Ah h h h . . . . . we should have one in stock anyway for display, I'll order it, you can check it out . . .. . no obligation to buy!" I was flabbergasted . . . . but this is just the way they do business. But . . . . . I just got another e-mail . . . . "The Stradic 6000 is in . . . . would you like me to bring it up to the Sportsman's Show, so you can check it out?" I'd like to know if YOUR tackle shop would do this for YOU?

Actually, my tackle shop would do that as well, Grimsby Tackle all the way. But still, that was mighty nice of Mike to email that he would bring it to the show for you to check out, since he had it anyways.

Edited by Hooked

been to fishing world about 10 times and not once has someone even spoke one word to me. I personally think the customer service is sub-par, but maybe you have to know them to get attention. But maybe its just cause I am not in there all the time or the fact that I had dirty clothes on when I went in maybe they thought I was homeless...LOL. Nope coming from work....LOL. But I am use to going into my local tackel shops in Niagara and Fort erie who know my name.

The testing of a reel doesn't happen very often so good for them on doing this!

That is a big deal.

Fishing World is a great shop. However, they see so many people its hard to build the same type of relationship that you get with the smaller shops in smaller centers. I only go there every few months since I do most of my fishing up north I don't buy bait there, but I'm usually helped by different people each time. Grimsby Bait and Tackle is a good spot too. I was only there once, but they were very helpful and had some incredible deals on the previous years Quantum reels. Best deals I've seen on last years models period.

Mike and one staff member is great (Can't recall his name, younger guy with glasses). They could get rid of a couple of the other guys there, I see no place in a tackle shop for ego's and arrogance.

Tony

The could apply for jobs at LeBarons...

About 2 nights ago, I was loading my buddy's new Fuego baitcaster that he got for Christmas at "Le Baron" by mail order. I noticed that there was a missing screw in the side plate. He thought it was normal to have a hole there but you can see that there are threads in the hole. "Le Baron" are notorious for selling their demo items by mail order and then replacing the demo item with a new item. Now, we'll wait and see what kind of service they give.

Yep, my local shop is like that as well... actually, i'm carless next weekend, so he's gonna come pick me up in a different city (Thorold) and then drive back through the city he lives in (Niagara Falls) just to go fishing for a few hours... stopped into Bill's Bait with said tackle store owner and the guy (didn't get his name) was extremely helpful too, once he knew the guy i was with owned a shop they were like long lost brothers LOL

One of them great things local shops will do that you can't expect from any big box places... stop in and filtered try again please about filtered try again please once in a while, buy a few things and yuo're usually as good as gold. I only pick up odd ball things at the big box stores, as the gas to my favourite (re:not local) is more then $5. worth of bare hooks and sinkers lol