Georgian Bay Help

ohhenrygsr

Hey Guys and Gals just wondering if i could get some input on types of baits to use while out on G-bay. I'll b launching out of Penetang Bay and probably heading to Brown bay or Longuissa for the weekend. What's the most popular technique? Drop Shot, Shaky, tubes. So loss when comes to G-Bay

I think you'll have better luck with largies in Longuissa Bay. Tubes work well for smallies but try twister tails on jigheads. A few of the oldertimers swear by that. Stick to the inner channel (leeward side of Beausoleil Island) cuz the big boats make a huge wake on the windward side when they are moving.

I have had great success w/ Georgian Bay smallies on a 3 in. white Gulp twister and a 1/4 oz jig (chartreuse preferred). I often tip with half a crawler while hunting walleyes and catch a lot of smallies by accident. That and small crankbaits like a thin fin work well too. blue/silver/firetiger seem to work best.

Launch out of honey harbour.

It only took my 40 minutes, with a full load in the boat on the way to a cottage on bone last week...make sure you have maps if you're not familiar with the area...

Thanks... the spot is fairly "remote" for a southern ontario fishing destination... I am will to bet that this makes the Musquash Basin a potentially good spot for multiple species. . .

To get up there, you can launch at Village Marina in Honey Harbour. Phil has a good concrete launch. Make sure you have charts cuz it's easy to get yourself lost or on top of a shoal minus a lower unit/prop. I get up there in about 25 minutes from near the town dock and that is not boogeying, only doing about 23-25mph when on plane. Make sure you obey the No Wake zones. The OPP is out in force and are tolerating absolutely no nonsense. Also have all your paperwork handy and all safety equipment on your boat.

Good Fishing, I might see you around up there this weekend. I'm fishing out of a beige Larson Fish'n Ski.

I hope to get up there in August at some point to give myself a break from the salmon fishing

Is the fishing decent in there? Is it worth the extra trek and dodging shoal?

I do have excellent official nautical maps of the area I bought a few years ago.