Gloucester Pool report 2010

skdds

Hi Guys,

Back from Gloucester Pool, thanks for the pre-trip tips. As I have fished there before around the same time of year (July), I thought that I was in for some easy catches. Previous years, a few good crawlers and leaches would easily do the trick. No such luck for me this year with those baits. I was marking fish-a lot of fish, and a lot of baitfish schools in all my previous spots and offered a crawler "buffet"...but no takers.Through trial and error, found out what the fish really wanted were plastics-especially Gulp minnows-2-4" trolled in 15-20 fow. (I do a lot of solo fishing in an aluminum can so trolling works easier for me than casting). Once I found what they wanted, the rest was easy...good pigs with minimal effort. Here are a few pics. Also nabbed a smaller walleye as a bonus. A few other guys I spoke too nailed a few pike and crappie in the pool as well....too bad had to come back to T.O. :mellow:

Why would the fish want something different compared to years before (all other things begin about equal)?

skdds

DSCN6533.jpg

DSCN6531.jpg

DSCN6536.jpg

Guest Johnny Bass

Gloucester pool/little lake has some of the nicest looking water, but it doesn't produce like you think it would because it is one of the most over fished waters in Ontario. Lots of pike but the bass are on the smaller side with a 4lber being a trophy. Still, looks like you did ok and you figured them out. Thanks for sharing.

G-Pool has been fishing tough this year, the tournament weights are way down. I won an 18 boat tourney there today with 14.80 lbs.

That weight shouldnt be winning tourneys out there!

A win is still a win, good job I say!