Honda Civic....any thoughts ??

lew

Lew, tell her to go for it. We got rid of our '03 Element with 65000k's on it with NO PROBLEMS whatsoever. It was a great vehicle and I had two beefs with it, it needed a bigger gas tank (55L) and some more power (156hp). Going up the hills north of the Sault fully loaded were no fun but other than those 2 minor beefs, it was awesome. Like you, I'm a die hard GM kinda guy with 2 Oldsmobiles on the driveway now (the Element was sold to make way for a minivan). I'm just not a 4banger guy, I need at least 6 cylinders and preferably a V8 under the hood (my car has an 8). I'm no speed demon but when I have to pass someone, it's nice to know that the power is on tap.

Some one mention domestic cars and the lousy re sale value no argument here but I say use that to your advantage, a low mileage 06 Civic will cost 18-20 grand a low mileage 06 Chevy Cobalt or similar car will cost 12 grand I say take the domestic and she can pocket the 8 grand and put it towards a nice fathers day gift for her great dad.

p.s. Last night I bought a used low mileage 06 Buick Allure to replace my Maxima looked at the 06 Accord and Camry`s as well but at 26 grand i went for the 16 grand Buick to me it was a no brainer the Buick was much smoother and much more comfortable driving car than the imports.

Have to concur with most here Lew, the Civic is a fantastic car.

Only other thing I'd mention, if resale isn't a factor, that is if Sheri plans to drive the car for a long time, then I'd look at a comparable Hyundai.

IMO, you're getting Honda quality with an even better warranty for less money. Only negative is the resale value can't hold a candle to Honda's....