Talon Lake

I am going camping at Talon Lake, it's a small lake just east of North Bay, in august. I was there last year, caught a bunch of small tiger musky. We were only in a small aluminum, I have a larger boat this year and am hoping for a lot bigger musky. Was just wondering if anyone has any tips for this lake or first hand experience? I know it's a really deep lake 80 feet +.

Thanks

I used to fish Talon quite abit years ago,friends had a cottage on the lake,mostly fished walleye and Lake Trout but did catch a few Muskie the biggest around 15lbs.I know there are some large Muskie in the lake, I got most of my Muskie incidently fishing the weeds.In front of the Dam can be good for Walleye aswell as a few shoals around the lake. The lakers will be deep right now but there around, I got most of my trout ice fishing or early spring trolling.

Talon is actually a pretty large lake. Where are you staying? Your best bet for large musky is on the North side of the lake heading towards Camp Connawongo (Redbridge). The North shore has lots of jutting points, small islands and submerged islands "humps" that are good for musky.

The walleye fishing is pretty good as is pike fishing.

If you get bored with the musky trolling/casting try the deep basins in the middle where depths can reach 150'. A deep diving crank bait might even land you a nice laker.