New Curado E50

salmon

Jchau, I cannot believe this reel is of any interest to you!

I bet this reel is going to perform, and get lots of praise for it, but I find that Curado's are kind of boring in terms of how they look. Especially when their 50, 200, and 300 sizes are all going to be the exact same colour.

I agree with the fact that people choose function before form, but then there are a ton of other factors after that. If I can find a similar performing reel for the same amount of money, I guarantee you that the Curado's will not be my first choice.

Whether you get a scorpion, or another reel that performs at the same rate, Shimano could dominate (Yea I know they do already) the market even more if their Curado just used an extra few months to develop in terms of their visuals.

I agree with the fact that people choose function before form, but then there are a ton of other factors after that. If I can find a similar performing reel for the same amount of money, I guarantee you that the Curado's will not be my first choice.

Whether you get a scorpion, or another reel that performs at the same rate, Shimano could dominate (Yea I know they do already) the market even more if their Curado just used an extra few months to develop in terms of their visuals.

Scorpion XT1000

Smoothest casting reel I have owned, casts farther casting than my pixy, Alphas, TDZ and Core 100. Almost as smooth as the Calais IMO

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01582.jpg

DSC01586.jpg

Edited by jchau53

See, that's exactly what I meant. Even a different colour and possibly they could have even used the Scorpion colours and I would have bought it.

Jchau, that looks amazing! Ready to sell it yet? haha

I'll save the flame decals to cover landmarks in my pictures ;)