new fish finder H DS-5

hi i just bought a new fish finder HDS-5 replacing my lowrance x125 i never had a G.P.S with chart plotter hooking up the tranducer no problem black wire goes to negtive same as red. i need help on hoe do you hook up all the rest of the wires there two yellow one green blue and orange does any one know who in stall them. my boat is still in storage but coming out soon with the help of my buddy bassdreamer i have another lowrance unit 101 c unit at the front of the boat hook up seperately. any help with whe wiring would be great help in the next couple weeks once bassdreamer finished cleaning up his boat. we have to move it to his house. etc. does any known where boat teck is some where in pickering. i bought the unit from radio world.

Edited by walleyedreamer

if nI remember right, the yellow one that is with the red and black wires is if you want you can hook it up to an Acc. switch and it will work as a wake up button for the unit

the other group of wires is for data connections..just tape them up you don't need them.......

Like Terry said, if you're just using the sonar and GPS, make sure you tape each unused wire seperately and then tape them up as a bundle....I didn't do that when i first bought mine and I was getting intermittant issues with losing my GPS coordinates and water speed....I called Lowrance and the first thing they asked me was if there were any wires not being used and if so, did I tape them....I've never had any more issues since I did that... :clapping:

Like Terry said, if you're just using the sonar and GPS, make sure you tape each unused wire seperately and then tape them up as a bundle....I didn't do that when i first bought mine and I was getting intermittant issues with losing my GPS coordinates and water speed....I called Lowrance and the first thing they asked me was if there were any wires not being used and if so, did I tape them....I've never had any more issues since I did that... :clapping:

if nI remember right, the yellow one that is with the red and black wires is if you want you can hook it up to an Acc. switch and it will work as a wake up button for the unit

the other group of wires is for data connections..just tape them up you don't need them.......

yes there is two yellow wires doi tape all the do i only use the black and red all other taped septerated with electrical tape. hope that right. i have lot;s of places left on my fuse panel use the yellow with the red and black goes to the battery.still not sure what the silver wire bare one is for.

Edited by walleyedreamer

the black red and yellow are on one cable..cut the yellow just where it comes out of the black cable and put some electric tape there

take the other cable cut the silver wire right where it comes out of the black cable, leave the green one, take the orange one and shorten it by a 1/8 of an inch

shorten the blue by 1/4 of an inch

shorten the yellow by 3/8th of an inch

now take all of them and fold them back against the black cable, each one will be a different length

now tape then there and never give it another thought and enjoy the HDS unit

Edited by Terry

Irishfield has a very good point, if you dont put the power thru a switch the GPS receiver will continue to draw power even when "everything" is off.

Alot of tutorials online on the HD-S series, congrats...... Im trying to save for one now!