Nippissing

blaque

Hey folks, Im trying to narrow down a trip to Nippissing the end of May. I have a line on a place at Promiseland Camp and was curious if anyones stayed there. Ive never been obviously. Is it too busy for a guy who just wants to fish and relax. Is it may be a bunch of families and kids or is it somewhat quiet. I know its not just a cabin in the woods (which Id prefer) Just dont want to go anywhere too "resort" like . Anyway, any general opinion.

Stayed there 2 years in a row the place is great only problem I had is the dock area as it is a little shallow and can pose a concern bringing your boat in from fishing. Other than that myself and my family enjoyed staying before we purchased our own cottage last year. If you go say hi to Frank and Claire. By the way Frank will put you on to fish if you find it getting slow.

Good Luck

Ken

Are the cabins close to the water Ken? I cant get a plan view of the camp and dont know the layout at all. If it helps, Ill be in cabin #2? lol Also, im not extremely worried about the shallow water as long as its soft bottom? Ill just bring her in to dock with the electric troller. Thanks for the info. bud

Sandy Bay looks very similiar

I think it does but there is a central docking area,but the place is so secure you can leave your stuff in the boat and not worry about anyone taking anything. The camp doesn't have a launch but there is one just down the road and it is free for anyone stay at the camp depending on what time of year your going it can be a little shallow there too.. but it is a good launch and they sell bait and stuff there too.

Have fun

Ken

Promisedland Camp is a very nice place. It is in sheltered Fish Bay and not far from the main lake. If the weather isnt cooperating you can still get out to fish around the islands. They look after the grounds very well and the cabins are clean and tidy.

I just spent last weekend there ice fishing. The cabins are very nice and clean. I believe cabins 5-7 are closest to the water but the lake is visible from all of them(1 and 2 are furthest away). It will be great pike and walleye fishing then and you won't have to leave Southbay. There is a beach for the kids and lots of property to run around on. I recommend it.

Blaque, I seem to remember from an earlier post that you said your from the States ??

You may not be aware of it, but bass season doesn't open in most area's of Ontario until towards the end of June......just in case they were on your list of species to fish for.

No problem with walleye though.

• 1 month later...