Product Review - Troll Master Pro2 install

irishfield

Santa brought this item for Leah last year! lol

I installed it last night and all I can say is that nothing could be simpler to install. The most difficult part was running the wire from the motor to the console thru the gunwales. The only beef I have is the throttle rod that you have to install (after removing the original to allow the servo full control) had the loop made too wide and it fell off every time I cycled the control servo. A couple pinches with a pair of pliers fixed that, after resetting the stroke, but it's the only thing that the manufacture need to correct in what they are selling.

Issue I had with my boat was on any major turn the cable length would change the idle setting and screw up your trolling speed. Throttle cable slop and not wanting to play with the throttle once under way negated using those throttle busts and idle "games" to get lakers to commit.

The troll control is a gem (I've already used it on Lloyd's boat)... set your speed... push a button for full throttle.. let go and the unit returns you to exactly the same speed. Get a fish on.. hit idle and the boat stays in gear but goes to factory idle setting while you fight the fish.

Can't wait to put it in action...

The only thing I would change if I was making the product... the power connection would be at the motor end of the cable, so that you could move the control head around in the boat. Would be nice to have it so you could move it depending on what and how you were fishing.

trollcontrol1.jpg

trollcontrol2.jpg

trollcontrol3.jpg

Edited by irishfield