Finally Got the Boat Wet!!

It's been a long while since I've even been able to squeeze in a few minutes to catch up here on OFC. I hope all is going well with everybody and as things start winding down I hope to be able to pop in much more often. Anyways...onto the fishing...

Averie and I FINALLY managed to get the boat out on the lake..... saying we got a late start to the season is a SERIOUS understatement. We had an early saturday trip planned but with the forecast calling for thunder showers all weekend I made a last minute call to go out tonight for a few hours instead. Lucky for us we live 5 minutes away from the lake so we threw back some supper and were at the launch by 6 p.m.

With 30 degree temps it wasn't to hard for Averie to convince me we had hit the beach before heading out onto the water...

DSCF2862.jpg

DSCF2884.jpg

One of the greatest feelings for me as a kid was putting on a nice warm sweater after an evening swim, then going out on the lake with my old man to slam some fish as the sun sets. Hopefully my kids enjoy it as much as I did growing up.

First Fish Boated in 2010

DSCF2892.jpg

Started with our standard gills...

DSCF2894.jpg

Then the crappie showed up...

DSCF2897.jpg

Then Averie caught her Personal Best Crappie! Beat her last one by a mile!

DSCF2898.jpg

Our original plan was to get some late evening bow's but the panfish bite was unreal and the kid isn't much of a fan of trolling so we just stuck to what was working for us. Took home a good feed for tomorrow's supper.

DSCF2899.jpg

DSCF2900.jpg

There's NO better way to spend a friday evening! B) Can't wait t'il the boy is big enough to come out with us!

DSCF2901.jpg

T'il next time!

DSCF2903.jpg

Hope you all have an awesome weekend at home or on the water!

Cheers,

Ryan & Averie

Ryan! What a sweetie that Averie is! Savour the moments my friend, they don't last long enough.

Be well.

ps. You might want to ask Averie to PM Big Cliff...he's looking for help in catching a few fish for supper. :)

She'll have her own show soon Ryan.. know any good video editors??

haha I might know a couple editors, best in the biz in my opinion! :whistling:

That's a awesome report again Ryan she sure does take after the old man and yes I mean DAVE like Wayne said you will have to fine a editor for her some day one that will not take shots at the host. Cant wait for the next report.

Yeah Mike, she sure does catch 'em ... just like her old man! lol And c'mon the show wouldn't be the show without showing EVERYTHING Dave does.. it's my job! haha

great pics Ryan.... looks like a fun day for you and Avery :thumbsup_anim:

Yeah Ron - we slammed 'em pretty good. Love fishing with the kid!

Ryan! What a sweetie that Averie is! Savour the moments my friend, they don't last long enough.

Be well.

ps. You might want to ask Averie to PM Big Cliff...he's looking for help in catching a few fish for supper. :)

Thanks Roy! Thats why I take so many pictures... Seems like just yesterday she couldn't hold her own rod and now all I get to do is net her fish! (which are all girl fish by the way haha ) She always corrects me and says "net HER daddy". As for Big Cliff - I'm sure even he could catch them in our lake! lol No guessing involved, you just have to cruise around looking for them.

Nice to see the little people out enjoying the fresh air and a great hobby. She will never forget great moments DAD

Thanks Fish Finder - Hopefully she remembers it when she's a Teenager!

Love seeing the pics of the little ones and the expressions on their faces. Priceless!!! Awesome report Ryan. Good to see you finally made it out on the water.

Hey Buddy! Hope all is well! She did have a blast, but as much as she loves fishing she wasn't picking up her rod until she got to have a quick swim! It was nice to get out in the boat, but i'm axious for bass opener and for a chance to get out after some long point bay gators or even gar. Haven't fished carp yet this year to so their on my list for the coming weeks also. Have a good one - hope to see you soon!