Orangeville Fishing?

wask

Looking at possibly moving to the Orangeville area, how is the fishing there?

I fished the Notawasaga (?sp) in Baxter once, years ago but other than that I have no idea how the fishing is, what fish are there or what bodies of water are good.

I think I read there is a fly shop there, so I assume fly fishing must be big?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Looking at possibly moving to the Orangeville area, how is the fishing there?

I fished the Notawasaga (?sp) in Baxter once, years ago but other than that I have no idea how the fishing is, what fish are there or what bodies of water are good.

I think I read there is a fly shop there, so I assume fly fishing must be big?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

well mikes island (orangville reservoir) holds tons of pike, some trout, and decent bass. it's been a favourite ice fishing spot close to home for me. i've never fly fished the area but i have heard there are some decent fish below mikes island.

Lived in the area for 20 plus years never heard the res. called Mikes Island.

Lots of snot rockets aswell as pretty good bass fishing.

There is lots of good fly fishing opportunities in the area everything from smallies to browns.

The guy you want to get intouch with is Graham Bristow his store is called Anglers pro shop it`s on Broadway.

There is plenty of fishing opportunities right close to Orangeville as mentioned the resie(pike, bass, perch), hockley river (brookies), grand river (browns, bass, carp), Belwood Lake (pike, bass etc), credit river and conservation. If you looking to drive 1 hour out the possibilities ar endless, Lake Ontario and surounds tribs, lake simcoe to Georgian bay and surrounding tributaries. If you make the move to the ville youi'll have lots of choices!!

PM me if you want more exact spots!!

They actually promote you to keep your pike @ Island Lake. They aren't sure how they got there originally but they don't want them there - they hurt the bass fishery and in the spring floods they get into the nearby river systems and terrorize the young trout.

The Bass fishery is voluntary Catch and Release only, but they really push it, and if you're going to fish for Bass there you should follow it.

There are numerous good trout spots in the area and good lakes.

We were in the area yesterday and were commenting on how Orangeville wouldn't be a bad place to live.

Cheers,

Ryan