Carp on the fly rod

Bondar

drove home from the Girlfriends house in mississauga today and grabbed the fishing gear cause i couldnt get out all weekend and headed down to the local pond for an hour , pratice some roll casting and try and hook a carp on my last stop out on the way to the car i tricked this one into biting some where 6-7 pounds !!! was so nice out a shame to go to work !

Flyfishing004.jpg

hooked on a corn imitation !!!

Way to go Bondar. It's a goal of mine to catch a carp on my fly rod. Been trying for a couple years now but none yet. I haven't tried a corn fly yet tho'. Maybe I should give them a try. :canadian:

Nicely done Bondar...Carp on the fly is mad fun...I haven't done it for a few years but I had some of the most fun I ever had doing it. One of my most successful patterns for carp was a 2 inch black or olive rabbit strip with dumbbell eyes tied to a hook.

Congrats

Nicely done Bondar...Carp on the fly is mad fun...I haven't done it for a few years but I had some of the most fun I ever had doing it. One of my most successful patterns for carp was a 2 inch black or olive rabbit strip with dumbbell eyes tied to a hook.

Congrats

i've heard that now from a couple people! i just havent gotten around to tying any yet , its pretty much a weighted woolley bugger kind of idea no?

Edited by Bondar

i've heard that now from a couple people! i just havent gotten around to tying any yet , its pretty much a weighted woolley bugger kind of idea no?

If anything it would be like a mix between a zonker and a clouser I guess…It’s pretty basic as far as flies go...I’d tie the dumbbell eyes on just for weight and then tie in the bunny strip…If the bunny strip was fat enough, I’d split it down the middle for a bit to clear the hook bend…Kinda resembles a crayfish scooting along the bottom.

I’ve also had luck using woolly buggers with bead chain eyes, small clouser minnows and shrimp patterns mostly designed for saltwater use…Around my local swims, anything black, brown or olive worked best. My friends who occasionally fish the grand use various nymph patterns...Carp each just about anything they can get in their mouth.

Way to go Bondar. It's a goal of mine to catch a carp on my fly rod. Been trying for a couple years now but none yet. I haven't tried a corn fly yet tho'. Maybe I should give them a try. :canadian:

thank you !! this is only my second one on the fly rod , and im hooked its a riot , if it wasn't for the fly rod i dont think youd see me fishing for these things, haha but they fight hard and its a good way to kill time in the summer

Edited by Bondar