May 24 Weekend

l2p

Was out all over the place this weekend, hit up some tribs for some trout and some bigger rivers for a try at some warm water species.

Found some trout,

Picture368-2.jpg

Picture367-2.jpg

Picture361-2.jpg

couple more of these guys kickin around

Picture362.jpg

we however did not find any eyes which was our main target, although we caught tonnes of oos bass(all released) and i caught my first moon eye oh and this little guy my buddy caught while we were swimming in a deep pool LOL.

Picture366.jpg

Picture359-2.jpg

I saw some gar out this weekend as well. They tried to eat my little crappy jig but had issues getting it into their mouths, lol. I dunno if I would have got them in on the UL rig even if I did hook up :)

thanks guys yes the last two are pics are of a gar pike. we were all surprised trust me. we decided to take a dip because of the mid day heat and my buddy drew wanted to wade out as far as he could and continue fishing and all i remember was seeing him waving his arms up in chest deep water yelling fish on hahaha. who woulda thought a gar pike would hit a suspended crawler.

haha thanks mike, we caught them browns on friday with kelvin. youve been doin well with em browns too i heard! i still want steel tho =( nothing puts the bend on your rod like a steelie.