French River water Levels and temps.

Well I've started a topic earlier looking for tips for french pike and walleye.. but got no replies.. I'll sum that up as no body wanting to give up their secrets. no worries there...

Anyways, knowing what I do as far as fish behaviour.. I'm just curious the water levels and the temps. up there currently.. wondering if the early thaw might have sped up the fishes regular spawning habbits.

I'm heading up there a week today so I kno0w any info could change a little b4 then.. but a little info would help alot.

(I'm heading to the north end near the old Keystone Lodge and on Elliot Island...fish mostly Harris' and Hunter's bays.. if anyone has info on those areas in perticular that would help even more.)

i suspect temps are in the mid 50s right now. there is a weather buoy on nipissing - if you can find it, you will get a more accurate number. in any event, that will all change in a week -- forecast is for sunny, warm and calm. yes, we had an early ice out but it has been cool since - i would not expect things to be that far ahead at this point.

the areas you mention are on the upper french - then water will be about 2' low. lower beneath the dams.

Edited by Raf

thanks for the info (ya I suppose I should have also pointed out I am refering to the "upper" french eh?) was just curious only cus i've seen some pretty funny levels down around the grand here so.. but good to know regardless..and as for the weather liars.. I'll wait and see (I never trust the long range) but heres hoping. nothing worse then getting up during a cold front.

how was the action where u were F-IS-H?

The spawn on Nipissing was significantly earlier than usual. Once the ice is out (and it was out early this year), the water reaches spawning temps fairly quickly no matter what the weather. I'd say by this weekend, think June 1st norms for where the walleye might be.

The spawn on Nipissing was significantly earlier than usual. Once the ice is out (and it was out early this year), the water reaches spawning temps fairly quickly no matter what the weather. I'd say by this weekend, think June 1st norms for where the walleye might be.

will they still be out front of North Bay...this is the weekend I'm finally gonna get to fish there

will they still be out front of North Bay...this is the weekend I'm finally gonna get to fish there

Normally the first week isn't great in front of town, i half expected an earlier start tho given the ice out and weather conditions, that said in two days fishing i haven't caught a pickerel or seen one caught, maybe ive just missed them.