Lac Seul walleye opener

limeyangler

You are like a Pickerel magnet Simon! Awesome perseverance to get into the action. It's definitely an awesome example of how things can change with a little knowledge and some effort. Incredible! Thanks for the post and truly inspiring

Thanks Disco,

to be honest though i think i gained more knowledge than i used, as the finding of the walleye that day was serendipitous to say the least. its become a bit of a theme all year, GO DEEP...even whilst ice fishing we were getting them at 50'FOW. Infact yesterday i got a couple on another lake at 55'FOW. Obviously if the lake is only ever 30' deep that wont happen, but it seems that if a lake gets deep, you can find walleye there...and nice ones.

Thanks Disco,

to be honest though i think i gained more knowledge than i used, as the finding of the walleye that day was serendipitous to say the least. its become a bit of a theme all year, GO DEEP...even whilst ice fishing we were getting them at 50'FOW. Infact yesterday i got a couple on another lake at 55'FOW. Obviously if the lake is only ever 30' deep that wont happen, but it seems that if a lake gets deep, you can find walleye there...and nice ones.

Sounds sounds all too familiar. This past winter we hovered over deep water as well, straying away from our typical shallower grounds. Like you said, it worked. I also caught my biggest pickerel over 65 fow. There are parts of the lake that exceed depths of 140 feet. You would be surprised of the concentration in those locations. Of course, it depends on the time of year. You are definitely right about the quality of fish. They tend to impress more frequently in these modes. It is really challenging to intercept the fish on their feeding cycles over the common areas, flats, piles, beds, etc. I find that the window of opportunity is very thin, in and out, and it's likely to be absent from the toll booth when the pickerel cash in their food stamps. At the same time, why would a fox steal a chicken when the farmer has a gun pointed in its direction. :D

Sounds sounds all too familiar. This past winter we hovered over deep water as well, straying away from our typical shallower grounds. Like you said, it worked. I also caught my biggest pickerel over 65 fow. There are parts of the lake that exceed depths of 140 feet. You would be surprised of the concentration in those locations. Of course, it depends on the time of year. You are definitely right about the quality of fish. They tend to impress more frequently in these modes. It is really challenging to intercept the fish on their feeding cycles over the common areas, flats, piles, beds, etc. I find that the window of opportunity is very thin, in and out, and it's likely to be absent from the toll booth when the pickerel cash in their food stamps. At the same time, why would a fox steal a chicken when the farmer has a gun pointed in its direction. :D

you kinda lost me at the end there Disco...but i had another sip of coffee and understand completely now....lol.