My last kick at the can.

mrpike

Iam on holidays next friday for a week and was thinking of heading down to Hey Bay .And as this maybe my last chance to get out fishing for me . AS my health has taken a turn . I was thinking of going down to the Hey Bay for some walleyes . Does anyone have any reports on the fishing down that way . Is the bite on. ALso is there anybody from this board happen to be going down for the week or weekend .I would be staying at the Blakewood lodge on the south shore. . THIS is just a thought at this time because Iam still waiting on a wheel hub to come in from EZLOADER trailers for my trailer. ITs been over a week now !.

Iam on holidays next friday for a week and was thinking of heading down to Hey Bay .And as this maybe my last chance to get out fishing for me . AS my health has taken a turn . I was thinking of going down to the Hey Bay for some walleyes . Does anyone have any reports on the fishing down that way . Is the bite on. ALso is there anybody from this board happen to be going down for the week or weekend .I would be staying at the Blakewood lodge on the south shore. . THIS is just a thought at this time because Iam still waiting on a wheel hub to come in from EZLOADER trailers for my trailer. ITs been over a week now !.

Can't help you with the fishing report but EZloader is right here in Lindsay and I use to work for them years ago but I still know some of the guys in there. What trailer do you have? Do you happen to have the PN for what you need? Is it just the brngs. or do you need the whole wheel hub assy.?

I could stop in there tomorrow and see if I can get it, put it on Canada Post Express, you should have it by Tuesday (as long as they have one in the plant).

THANKS CLIFF. I need the right side wheel hub and seal and bearings for a five bolt 2500 0r 2800 lbs ez loader 2006 trailer 14 inch rims. ( OIL BATH HUB ) _ NOT GREASE. _ IAM TOLD THAT THE ONLY ONE AROUND IS IN WINNIPEG. I will call the dealer in the morning to see if it came in . it was shipped out last TUESDAY from WINNIPEG.

THANKS FOR YOUR OFFER. KEITH.

THANKS CLIFF. I need the right side wheel hub and seal and bearings for a five bolt 2500 0r 2800 lbs ez loader 2006 trailer 14 inch rims. ( OIL BATH HUB ) _ NOT GREASE. _ IAM TOLD THAT THE ONLY ONE AROUND IS IN WINNIPEG. I will call the dealer in the morning to see if it came in . it was shipped out last TUESDAY from WINNIPEG.

THANKS FOR YOUR OFFER. KEITH.

No problem, just let me know if the dealer doesn't come through for you. I might just slip in there today and see anyway so you do have a back up plan if necessary.

No problem, just let me know if the dealer doesn't come through for you. I might just slip in there today and see anyway so you do have a back up plan if necessary.

THANKS CLIFF THAT is very nice of you . I will call the dealer around 10.30 to day and see if it came in. I was told it would be around $85.00 for hub seal and bearings

THANKS CLIFF THAT is very nice of you . I will call the dealer around 10.30 to day and see if it came in. I was told it would be around $85.00 for hub seal and bearings

OK, call me on my cell phone and let me know either way, that way if the dealer doesn't come through for you I might still be able to get one out of here for you today.

705-928-8899

Cliff

When I bought my new Skeeter last year it came on an EZLOADER trailer and after only about 300 miles something snapped in the torsion axle and I couldn't use the trailer. Fortunately the boat was in the water so I didn't need the trailer but it took 3 weeks for the dealer to get a new axle shipped in and fix things up.

I was pretty pi$$ed that it took that long for them to ship an axle to replace a faulty one on a brand new rig. If I didn't have a dock to keep the boat I'd have been without it for all that time.

I don't know where the axle came from but it shouldn't have taken that long IMHO

Lew, dont be pissed at the mfg,

it might have been the trucking company that hauled it up from the factory.

some of those fly by night companys can really be a nightmare.

You could very well be right skeeter, I wasn't blaming anyone in particular but I DO think in the end the mfg is the one who has the responsibility of ensuring the product is delivered in a reasonable amount of time.

As I said, it was a brand new trailer that I'd just taken delivery of 2 weeks previously and had driven to Quinte and back. I'd backed the boat into the water and as I was pulling the trailer back out the spring inside the axle snapped and jammed the wheel up into the well.

On a mfg defect I just don't think the customer should have to wait 3 weeks for repairs.

EZLoader Trailers are MFG. by Barrett Marketing here in Lindsay and believe me, they carry a huge inventory. The next time you have a problem with one of their trailers and a dealer gives you the run around, call Barrett directly or give me a shout. They take a lot of pride in taking care of customers! I'm not trying to say that the dealer(s) aren't doing their jobs but sometimes what might seem like a big deal to you doesn't seem like a big deal to the dealer especially if there isn't any money to be made.

Just thought I'd add this.

I've been dealing with TMR for many years now and they have alway been able to help me ( and a few of my buddies) out, with a reasonable turn around. If you are stuck and in the area give them a call. (Not sure what he keeps in stock in the way of oil hubs)

Jim was able to get 2 axles for 2 different trailers over the years when I couldn't find them anywhere close to home. Great guy to deal with. good.gif

TMR Trailer Mobile Recreation

(705) 454-2080 7484 Hwy 35 Norland

Edited by fishnsled