On Mother's Day

JohnF

We tend to assume that Mothers Day is a happy happy day for everyone, but it isn't always. As brave a front as some Moms put up the child who's often first and foremost in their minds and memories on this day is the one who's no longer there. That doesn't mean there's any less love and appreciation for the rest of you, but give her some time to think of that special one who's gone now, who can't bring her flowers and a hug. I've learned over the years that she really doesn't want to be helped to forget, she'd rather just have a little private time to remember. She'll get around to you later. That's the amazing thing about mothers. They find time for everyone but themselves.

Sorry if I sound like I'm lecturing but I know how easy it is to forget that our mothers and wives are wired differently than us guys emotionally. So for those to whom this applies, make it the best possible day for all of you.

And that being said, Happy Mothers Day to all, but especially to those Moms who can't hug all their kids today. Give 'em an extra hug from me. Thanks.

Sincerely

JF

Thank you so much for that John... I think I will call my Ex-Wife and wish her Happy Mothers day... And let her know I am thinking of her. We lost our first son @ the age of 2 years old.

This really hits close to home.

Thank you again for the reminder.

G.

I couldn't let this opportunity go by without showing y'all my Mum & my little boy. This was taken on Mother's Day at our place.

gabby-1.jpg

Gabby (my Mom) will be 93 soon. She's still rockin', maybe not quite as fast as she once did, but she's as sharp as she ever was. Matt (our little boy) is a lapsed golf pro, a part time musician - http://www.myspace.com/frontierindexband - and now my partner in our real estate business.