Wolseley Bay

Hud

Hey all,

I have a buddy that's coming up for July long weekend and we were thinking about heading to Wolseley Lodge on Wolseley Bay. has anyone ever stayed there? How is the fishing? The accomidations? Thanks, just looking for some stories (good or bad) before I book. I know that its on the French river system but that's all I know about it. Is it a good place to spend a week?

thanks everyone for some insight

Thanks all!

Edited by Hud

The Lodge is a great place. Ask for a cottage on the river. You can night fish from your front porch.

Get a map from the owner for Five Fingers.

In the evening go up the river as far as you can go, drop an anchor and fish with minnows.

Casting off the docks you will never know what you will hook into.

They also have a great buffet night.

Beware the bugs though. Buy a bug jacket.

Have fun.

I have stayed there 3 or 4 times and the fishing is very good. The guys from Fish TV just filmed there not too long ago. You can catch everything from largemouth, smallmouth, pike, muskie, walleye and even perch. We've always had good luck in the area. Lots of islands and rocks just below the surface so go slow the first few times just to be safe. I second the idea of asking for a cabin on the river. It's nice to go out and fire out some baits while everyone is sitting around the fire.

Awesome stuff guys!

thanks for the info thats what you got to love about this site. fast and good info!

cheers

We'd love to hear about your trip when you get back. I'll be at Wolseley in early September - just let me one or two will ya.

They have some really good guides out that way if you are not familiar with the area i would suggest to get a guide for a day, they know were the hot spots are and were to stay away from( rocks).Went out to check the water 2 weeks ago and it was very low hoping it comes up so you can have a good fishing trip.