Watch for flooded Toronto roads

lew

Any of you folks heading into Toronto today, be aware that there is ALOT of flooding !!

I just got back in from driving down to Bay & Wellesley and there is flooding everywhere, specially in the curb lanes where the water is up level with the sidewalks in many places........hit that stuff too fast and it'll throw you right off the road.

Lots of power lines and tree limbs down too and the Fire Dept. is telling folks to stay indoors today because of all the lines down in the water and the possiblity of coming in contact with the live wire.

My trucks in the driveway again and I'm staying here now till April :whistling:

Drive careful if you go out today kids !!

Thanks for the heads up Lew. I just walked outside here in Whitby and there is almost a full cm of ice everywhere and the freezing rain is still coming down. Saw a few ppl slip and slide down our street. Then I flicked on 680 news and the police have asked that if you dont HAVE to drive today, to stay at home so emergency crews have a clear path to wherever they are needed.

This is normally a GO Train day for me, but since the derailment in Ajax yesterday, I'm not completely confident I'll get to where I'm going. They had someone on 680 say they train they were waiting for was over 45 minutes late already...and one train from Oshawa to Toronto has already been cancelled. Funny how that 45 minute delay isn't on gotransit's website....

So, I've called work to tell them I wont be in...but I have an office job, so I brought plenty of work home with me. Better safe than sorry. Glad to hear your daughter stayed in a hotel last night. I'm sure you slept better knowing she was safe.

Cliff

I wish the jerk beside me at 8:00 would have been looking, idiot went through a very large puddle, part of a flooded road at full speed and copletely cover my jeep, after I signaled that I was moving over to avoid it. Funny thing for the next 3 lights he was beside me so that little stupid action didn't get him any where fast. <_< <_< <_<