Pointe Au Baril

skdds

HI Guys,

Likely heading up to Pointe au Baril next week..walleye and pike. Anybody fished there at this time of year? Any suggestions tackle wise. I've been there before, but in June, and had success with crawler harnesses, no pike though...

Thanks skdds

HI Guys,

Likely heading up to Pointe au Baril next week..walleye and pike. Anybody fished there at this time of year? Any suggestions tackle wise. I've been there before, but in June, and had success with crawler harnesses, no pike though...

Thanks skdds

walleye and pike don't open until the 3rd saturday in may

Had some success with pike up there hitting Rapala husky jerks...a lot of guests commented on catching with these. Water temperature was the key factor in terms of where to fish and how fast to retrieve. If it's under 70F then head for the shallow bays and look for weeds. If it's over 70F then stay in water between 6 and 10 feet deep. For pickeral, did ok with jigs and twister tails...cast them out in the river and let them sink to bottom before reeling them in slowly. May not be a pro tip, but it worked for me. Good luck.

walleye and pike don't open until the 3rd saturday in may

That will all depend on were he is gonna fish if he goes on Georgian Bay that is zone 14 and open all year.

If he goes into the smaller lakes around there he is in zone 15, Were it opens on the 3rd sat of may

You may also want to read the regs again Pikeguy! Pike and Walleye are not open all year in 14.. they open tomorrow!

that's right guys, walleye opens tomorrow in P.A.B...now just gotta learn how to get em...

Had some success with pike up there hitting Rapala husky jerks...a lot of guests commented on catching with these. Water temperature was the key factor in terms of where to fish and how fast to retrieve. If it's under 70F then head for the shallow bays and look for weeds. If it's over 70F then stay in water between 6 and 10 feet deep. For pickeral, did ok with jigs and twister tails...cast them out in the river and let them sink to bottom before reeling them in slowly. May not be a pro tip, but it worked for me. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips, pretty sure the water will be <70 at this time of the year..any particular colours on twister tails?-skdds

Just talked to my friend who lives down there,and he said that he used a spinner jig red & white with a 4in minnow gulp and in the shallow waters at this time he is heading out tomorrow as well and is hopping to make out well on this trip,Said it would base hes hole year. hahahahaha

that was for pike and walleye he drifts with a minnow or a leach on a hook

Edited by pikeguy

Thanks for the tips, pretty sure the water will be <70 at this time of the year..any particular colours on twister tails?-skdds

Orange or chartreuse Gulp minnows and white twister tails...water was a little stained when we were there

Hey skdds I am not trying to hijack your post, but I will be up there next weekend, with the early spring/warm temps not sure where to fish, let us know how you do, and water temps please. Good luck, and leave some pike and walleye for me;)

Hey skdds I am not trying to hijack your post, but I will be up there next weekend, with the early spring/warm temps not sure where to fish, let us know how you do, and water temps please. Good luck, and leave some pike and walleye for me;)

Will post a report as soon as I can....I've heard water temps in the 50's though...I'll leave you a few fish!

Orange or chartreuse Gulp minnows and white twister tails...water was a little stained when we were there

Thanks for the suggestions will be heading to Bass Pro and see what I can find..skdds