Travel question for those that know

Radnine

Hi guys,

Thanks for bearing with me while I post loads of drivel, almost none about fishing.

My new question is about travel. My wife and I are planning a four day knee wobbler to the Bahamas to celebrate our 10th. Jen has been researching flights etc. and we are wondering if we should book now if we think we find a good one (especially since the harmonized tax takes effect on Saturday) or should we wait until closer to the time we are going (October 2010)?

What have been your findings?

Thanks,

Jim

What have been your findings?

Thanks,

Jim

We go to Mexico for January every year. My wife's contribution is to watch the air fares and get a deal. In Feb/Mar it was close to $1,000 for air. Recently it dropped a few hundred. She'll probably wait till Oct and get it for $400 or less. It's worked every year for us for the last 10 years or so.

PS. Don't blame me if it doesn't work right. :whistling:

JF

with skyservice shuttering service.... prices recently went up... ask me I know.. 200 bucks overnight!

Alot of this depends on WHEN you plan to travel exact dates, and weather you are looking for just a flight, or an all inclusive...

There are alot of details missing here..

It has been my experience that prices increase when our travel season begins... prices usually begin to increase around November through February...

I promise you though...

4 days is hardly enough... remember you are losing the travel time departing and arriving... giving you basically 2 full days... you wont even be unwound yet! While the flight might only be 3 hours and a bit? going from distant memory from my teens... you have to check in 3 hours early, add in the hour of travel to the airport... well you get the idea..

the cost between 7 days and 4 days will be minimal.. my suggestion is to also look at 7 days if doable. If you would Like a contact to a reputable travel agent I can certainly recommend one, I have used her several times and have never had an issue. Infact I just got back from Punta Cana yesterday!

Have a great trip Jim!

G

From what I understand if its something that you are going to use after July (i.e. plane tickets) then the HST goes into effect Saturday. Might want to confirm that but I'm pretty sure. So that might sway your decision