OFN Gas Fumes

dsn

As I syayed in the other post last week, I drove a fuel tanker for the last year and a half. We were running low many times and had to travel to whatever load rack that had fuel to fill our trucks, we ran low all summer long and was always trying to catch up. You would be surprised the amount of fuel which is being used at even some of the smaller gas stations. One small town station I delivered to had about 6 days where they went through 50000 litres in a day. That's almost one tanker full, and this is in a small town. I did some calculating and we were (around the clock, 4 drivers, 7 days) delivering 2,000,000 litres to the sudbury area, and that was only forone company.

There is no consriracy, the demand is so huge, no new refineries have been built, and as I stated before, it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Thanks for the insight. Sure sheds some light into misjudging the situations.

I guess this is one part of our resources that we are running out. Along with some other unknowns ahead.

dsn

Guest Trophymuskie

The thief's will never built another refinery or increase storage as that's their excuses for ripping us off. You guys already forgot last year when we were getting ripped 1.35 a liter for absolutely no reason whatsoever? How about seeing the price go up 10 cents every long weekend?

It's a scam plain and simple, look at the record profits the oil companies are making. It's about time to government shuts the doors down on all incoming oil and sets regulations. Yes we can buy small cars but gas is a necessity just like food is. No gas means no work, no food for most of us.

And I own a big truck because it is needed for both of my businesses, no big truck = no work for me.

And how come when you here on the radio that oil is going up on the market it takes but minutes before you see prices go up at the pumps but when the price goes down it takes days to make it to the pumps?? It's just like out great government you have to pay them now but if they owe you well you have to wait.

Would it help if we actually called it demand and supply. We demand more fuel (gas and diesel) than they can supply. The US has not built any new refineries in the last 17 years and we are using fuel faster than they can refine it. Between the "we don't want it in our back yards" people and the cost of building the refineries not to mention the epa guidlines we are in trouble. Sure their is lots of profits now for the gas companies because they don't have the expense of building the refineries yet however when the goverment is not sitting in the gas companies corner then some things are going to change IF the public demands it. This is the same thing as tobacco when the public voice became to small (lack of smokers) the price went thru the ceiling. We all know what the answer is we all are just not ready to pay the price by using less gas by all methods including giving up our big motors and fishing in our back yard. I personally am not fed up enough to sell my truck and boats or give up driving up North to fish with my friends.

Art

Hey trophymuskie, I just thought about something. You mentioned last years $1.35+ gas prices. Its true we had those pices back then. And nothing such at a refinery went up in flames. You would figure a lost refinery would make prices soar up to those prices but it didn't . ???

Does make me wonder why the prices where so high then, and nothing such as a lost refinery caused them. With a lost refinery the prices are under $1.35. Shouldn't it be the other way? If we lose a refinery the prices should be $1.35+ mean while its lower than that now. I'm not saying that it should be up but just a thought.

Cause it does make sense if the prices where $1.35+ and we lost a refinery. Not when we haven't lost anything and the prices were $1.35. ;) Everything is ass backwards (as they say at my work place. :lol:

There is a conspiracy all right, but its not what some of you might think..

The oil company conspiracy is - Keep gas prices in Southern Ontario and the GTA low!

The oil companies know that raising the prices to where they need to be right now would cause a political firestorm, even though a $1 a litre is what many Canadians from other parts of the country paid before any fire. From afar, Ontarians might appear to be a bunch of whiners.

If the price was raises to $1.25 a litre, people would use less, and new supplies would come in from our neighbors, so no shortages would exist. The choice is, cheap gas or shortages.

Ontario only refines about 2/3 of the gas it uses. Refineries are dirty and make big messes. Maybe that's Ontario's way of exporting our pollution. We need more refineries, how about a big one in Dan McTeagues riding of Pickering, that way he doesn't have to go as far to do his price gouging investigations.

No Joey...it will cause exactly what is going on right now. Cut one guy off...everyone buys somewhere else and then their scheduled fuel delivery truck arrives a day tooo late.... station runs out...panic buys start..same sheeet that's going on now.

Ya know... nobody seems to quite understand what is the root cause of this fuel shortage. In truth the shortage is the direct result of CN Rail. Because of the strike by the CN conductors, they cannot get enough fuel into Ontario by rail. People keep talking about refineries, but this has very little to do with our fuel shortage. Believe me, the refineries in Ontario hardly produce enough fuel for Ontario's use. The majority of our fuel is brought in on rail cars, as well as the unrefined fuel used by the refineries.

If people want a company to complain to about this, call CN and ask why they can't work out a descent agreement with their unions, ask why they make it impossible for trucking companies to get in and out of their depots.

The fuel supply shortage started happening when the CN conductors went on strike, it just took until this last week for gas stations to start running dry. Anyone who drives a truck hauling sea containers in and out of the Brampton CN yard will know what I am talking about. For the record, I don't drive a truck, nor do I have anything to do with it or with CN. I just know a lot of people in a lot of industries.

cd.