A good day for some Trout in my town

skinny

Yesterday I had a out of town friend come to town to fish. I gave him some ideas where to try (I'm not much into trout yet) so he was off fish through the day Iget few reports of getting few and missing stuff like that. Around 430 after we get a down pour i decide to go find him as he was going to wait out the rain . I couldn't find him but I found a guy doing the float fishing thing I have never seen it done . He was a good guy talked to me lots and showed me how it is done. just up the river were two young guys fishing when wam and lts of splashing goes on the one guy has a fish .His bddy heads over witha net and the guy with the fish hand the pole over takes the net pulls his shoes and socks off and heads into the water. So the guy that hooks the fish is now in the water with the net while his buddy is dry and having the fight of life time. Well they land the fish. I would have never in 1000 years had tought there was fish this big in the stream. but I guess it's Big Creek and it's known.

here is a picture of what they caught.

IMG_0934.jpg

nice fish,but I say this without of course knowing for sure I hope they released it. It is a male in full spawning colours and is spewing milk so to me it was probably in the act of spawning or about to,which means it was probably pulled off a bed. To me that is a touchy subject. I and many other steelheaders will not fish beds for that reason. Like I said I do not know for sure but with the colour and milk that is what it seems. There is no law saying you can't fish spawning fish but it is just common sense to me. I really don't like to criticize people if they are not breaking any laws but sometimes ethics need to take over. Again nice bow.

well I didn't hang around to see what happened after they landed it and I took the picture. I know it wasn't snaged it took the bait as the guy got the hook in his finger when he took it out.

the guys that caught it I don't think knew to much as they were just a mess trying to catch the fish.

nice fish,but I say this without of course knowing for sure I hope they released it. It is a male in full spawning colours and is spewing milk so to me it was probably in the act of spawning or about to,which means it was probably pulled off a bed. To me that is a touchy subject. I and many other steelheaders will not fish beds for that reason. Like I said I do not know for sure but with the colour and milk that is what it seems. There is no law saying you can't fish spawning fish but it is just common sense to me. I really don't like to criticize people if they are not breaking any laws but sometimes ethics need to take over. Again nice bow.

]

Well said!! I would be willing to bet this fish was in the frying pan in no time!!! Unfortunately!!!!!!!