Haliburton Lakers

chris.brock

2 lakers and 3 ciscoes, all 70 to 90 feet down, vertical jigging a spoon, they didn't seem very active and lots were suspended at all different depths

I could see the MNR CO talking to some guys taking their boat out, they were there talking a long time (around an hour) so I guess there was trouble, when the CO left I over heard the guys saying "he must have had binoculars" and something about "a border-line slot fish", busted!

Gotta love ice out lakers. :clapping:

In my experience no matter how many fish you mark down deep this time of year, you'll generally catch more flatlining. Active fish are near the top feeding.

That's what I usually figure, but I am having very little luck. 58 degree water, showing lots of fish at 7-10' deep, throwing all the usual presentations at them but no takers. Any tips?

Check out TDunn's report...further north (ie. colder water...no?) and started to have success down deep. I'm not reading a ton of successful shallow laker reports yet this year...don't know what's happening, but it does kinda sound like they're down a bit deeper than usual :dunno: