Pike Fishing in Hay Bay

Jen

Any help would be appreciated...

Dad and I are heading up to Hay Bay Quinte next weekend... since I usually do this trip with my brother this year dad is filling in for him... However, dad prefers to not travel far and thinks if we target pike instead of walleye we will have a better chance...

Any advice from you guys would be greatly appreciated as I am after all a walleye fisherperson mostly...

And if you are up that way... Eastman, Myself and a bunch of other guys are staying at pickeral park... stop in for a drink or just to say Hi...

Cheers,

Jen ( Bernadette)

we have officially named this weekend our " 1st Annual Santo Amalfi Fishing Challange" ( the six of us will compete against one another to see who wins big fish)

Edited by Jen

Guest gbfisher

Pickerel Park has maps of Hay Bay. There is an underwater point right across from pickerel Park where you can catch Pike and or pickerel on. Its very close. You will not have to travel far to catch pickerel either. So you have a choice of which fish you would like to target.

Good luck.

In my younger days fishing for pike down that way at openers, we would run upwind over any weedbed we could find and cut the motor and drift and cast on a 45 degree angle using a Dominion 36 or 197 spinner with no leader as these had a long shaft but a good snap swivel to avoid line twist...Keeping the lure just below the surface...

Doubt these lures are made anymore but a Mepps # 5 or large spinner bait would suffice. A leader would be required for the Mepps...

Nowadays...my back would only take 10 minutes of this type of fishing but it sure was fun back then...Gonefishing.gif

Have fun and catch lots...