Chalk up another one for the good guys

Big Cliff

Now, can Big Cliff halt infidelity....

Jim

My wife can! Just after we got married I got into bed one night and noticed a big pair of scissors tied to the headboard of our bed. When I asked what that was all about, she quietly replied "That's just in case I ever find out you have been cheating on me"! I couldn't sleep for three nights and I hadn't even done anything wrong. Those Scisors are still attached to our headboard and yes, I still have all my parts LOL.

Too bad it doesn't always work out so easily. Good on the neighbours for placing the call.

Speaking of not always working so easily,I have to ask this Cliff: How did your neighbour know how many fish they had on board from shore? And what would the OPP had done if they had been within limit and no OOS?

Jim

Great news on the enforcement of the new regulations.

Sad thing is that for the 80-90 years here in the kawartha's this behaviour was legal for panfish. This is why the work of the MNR and fishery council was so important. Glad to see an end to the abusive overharvest. It will take a few years for everyone to get the message but thankfully these changes are here to stay.

Speaking of not always working so easily,I have to ask this Cliff: How did your neighbour know how many fish they had on board from shore? And what would the OPP had done if they had been within limit and no OOS?

Jim

They didn't know how many fish these guys had but they knew it was well over 60. These guys were anchored 20' off the dock in clear sight of several homes none of which was more than 100' away.

I have a spotting scope that I use here quite often, I can see a fishing rod quite clearly from a mile away it would be no problem to watch someone fishing and see if they were releasing or keeping them.

I would like to add that I hope the fines are substantial enough to deter others from coming to the Kawarthas for a freezer full of fish. There is absolutely no need for some one to keep that many fish. I cleaned 20 bluegills the other day and probably ended up with a couple of pounds of boneless fillets. That's two meals for the family.

Keeping 450 fish is just retarded......they were probably going to sell it to the supermarket or something...freaking ignorants.

Glad that they were caught, GOOD JOB GUYS! KEEP IT UP. this is the only way we can stop those idiots from destroying our fisheries.

:thumbsup_anim: