Jack Lake

bassman

Hey gang,

I'm heading up to Jack Lake in Apsley for the boys annual fishing trip at the end of May. Ive heard great things about Jack Lake from some friends, however, there is very little info on the internet.

I was hoping that you guys could assist with a couple of things:

- We're staying on the NW part of the lake. Are there any good boat launches in the area?

- Does anyone have a map of the lake that they can share? I haven't found anything free online.

- Any tips on walleye fishing on Jack Lake? I'm not looking for any honey holes just some pointers, or types of structure to look for.

Any info would be appreciated, and if you happen to be on Jack Lake the last weekend of May, feel free to drop by for a pint.

Cheers!

You can order a map from www.TrakMaps.com

You can also view it online for free using their little Zoomify app.

I went up there last year, I really like the lake. I plan on going back again this summer. We were only there for a weekend so didn't explore the southern half at all. There were many weedbeds to fish in the summer. We caught a musky and some walleye out front of Jack Lake lodge around the little island and in the weedbeds. Other spots we mostly caught bass and perch from my recollection. Sometimes it's hard to keep all the different places straight.

I grew up fishing Jack Lakes in the summers - I cant help much with walleye though, only caught a few - one was an 8 pounder though!

I used to see a lot of walleye fishermen in Redmond bay (I think thats what it was called) - located in the very north east corner near a small island. There is a buoy about 200 yards from the island where walleye fishermen would sit.

lemme know if you are going again in the summer, I know some great muskie spots!

Highway 28 to Apsley via Burliegh St (620A), then turn right at the liquor store onto 504, then turn right on to Jack Lake Rd until you reach the lake - you'll find a marina, gas station and launch.

Edited by Fishing Fury

hey Bassman....where are you staying?? Jack Lake Lodge? Jack Lake Tent & Trailer park? Millers Timber Sands?

If you head out from the marina at jack lak lodge, turn right into that little bay.....there's logs lining the entire shore line which is good for bass and muskie (when in season) and in the middle of the bay I've caught several walleye just trolling back and forth. I've been fishing Jacks since I was 2yrs old....lol

There is also another marina down Jack's lake road, just before you hit the water there is a stop sign turn right, and it will be on your left. Anchorage Marina I believe, they have a great launch, and a store with gas. Good luck

Edited by ERB

Miller's Timber Sands has a few camping spots. Great people operate that camp as well.

Are jack and judy still the owners of Millers....i remember when it was called Leamans. I believe back in the day, Bud Leaman won the park in a poker game!! LOL???? I spent 30 summers over at Jack Lake Tent & Trailer Park. :)

!

I used to see a lot of walleye fishermen in Redmond bay (I think thats what it was called) - located in the very north east corner near a small island. There is a buoy about 200 yards from the island where walleye fishermen would sit.

If that's the spot I'm thinking of....we use to call it "the hump". Great walter fishing there back in the day. Caught many smallies there as well.

Are jack and judy still the owners of Millers....i remember when it was called Leamans. I believe back in the day, Bud Leaman won the park in a poker game!! LOL???? I spent 30 summers over at Jack Lake Tent & Trailer Park. :)

Yep, Jack & Judy still own the park, it's up for sale though. I have been staying summers at millers for thirty years myself. Bud Lehman still lives in a cottage right beside the camp, and he is still as tough as an old piece of leather. Great guy. :)

Cheers

Clarence

• 1 month later...

Got back from the annual fishing trip, and just like the name of the lake, we caught JACK!!!

We marked a ton of fishies on the sonar, but couldn't find any hungry ones. Other than a few OOS smallies, not too much to report. The locals were saying that the water levels were down, and the water temps were high for that time of year (app. 25-26C).

A few highlites: we did get a couple of rounds in at Marvel Rapids Golf Course. What a great little course.

We hand fed some wild deer that were hanging around the cottage.

Thanks again to everyone for the tips and info.

Cheers!

• 11 months later...