Boats in the conservation areas?

cwpowell

Hey guys I was just wondering about bringing my boat on the conservation areas. They don't allow gas motors. But you are allowed electric motors so I was wondering if anyone knows if you can bring your boat on the water and not run your gas motor?

Thanks in advance guys.

It varies from conservation area to conservation area and from Authority to Authority (i.e. Hamilton Conservation Authority may run their conservation areas differently than Maitland Valley CA). Best bet is to contact the superintendent from whatever conservation area it is that you're planning on visiting.

At Upper Thames it varies from area to area. No PWC anywhere.

At Wildwood gas motors (no size limits) are allowed in the main area of the lake. There are some no wake zones & some no gas motors sections at the top end of the reservoir.

At Fanshawe you are limited to 10 HP max.

Most Conservation Authorities have Websites so you should be able to check out restrictions at their area's before going.

most of the areas in hamilton, or niagara that have a lake big enough to launch a boat, will allow u in with an electric motor. binbrook conservation area fpr example, just in the past couple year has allowed bass boats and other motorized boats allowed on the lake under electic motor only, but u HAVE to keep the outboard trimmed up and out of the water at all times.