First trip

Bernie

On Friday afternoon Dad and I launched our old duck hunting boat and went for a ride to check if we could make it across to the island.

The water is so low my Seaswirl won't be launched unless we get some rain.

Well we couldn't there but it looked like it would have gone out by the next day.

So on Saturday I packed up some gear for an overnight stay and headed across.

Sorry about the shaky camera but I did have to drive at the same time.

th_P1030361.jpg

Wasn't me ! Honest!

Only had a few yards of ice to get through and most of it was crystalline.

I wasn't going to turn back being so close.

O ya, I can think of one more thing Wayne but it would just mean trouble. :whistling:

Ouch Wayne, that really sucks.

I wondered if that wind was going to cause some damage.

It put my power out for 12 hours last night.

How bad are your docks?

That ice in the video was gone a couple hours later.

My one dock was broken thanks to the MNR letting the water go up to spring levels at freeze up before pulling the boards out of the dam.. then dropping the water 3 feet or so after the ice had hooked into it. The crib dock that my boat floaters are hooked to busted from ice push and if I could get up there it would be a great time to fix it as the lake is down over 3 feet right now. My airplane dock took the damage last night... I don't know how bad it is, but my year round neighbour across from me sent me a pic and called at 5:10 tonight. The ice pushed the one finger far enough to pull the jack board for the lift off the dock deck (means it moved 3 feet.. so I suspect the hinges are ripped out of the dock). In the 20 minutes I talked with him.. the ice blew out of the bay and is stacked against the highway berm. He's going to boat over for me tomorrow and see what he can do with it until I can get up there.

airplanedock.jpg