Lookinforwalleye is boatless!!!

The Alumacraft is gone to a new home purchased by a fellow OFC`er.

So now I can start the search in earnest for a new/used rig,looking for a 16-17 foot tiller may consider a side console.

Would prefer a newer rig less than 10 years old and a 4 stroke.

If any of the good membership knows of anything please let me know.

Legends and Crackers need not apply!!

Thanks

You know as much as I would like to support the local economy it may be tough given whats available at the local dealerships.

I am finding that there is very little stock available and the prices are nothing to get excited about. The common theme is sorry sir we don`t have that model in stock but we can order it, well I know you can order it but I want to sit in it and I want to kick the tires.

I am expanding my search to included Michigan,N.Y,Ohio and IL, pricing is far better and there seems to be more variety and stock down south. I am somewhat concerned about the warranty issues and that may be the deciding factor whether I buy in the States or here.

Have a look at these two examples,

Lund1625.jpg

Starcraft.jpg

And to add a different style of boat,

G3175.jpg

The Lund is from upstate New York and I can get it for 11 grand it comes with a 25 4 str.

The Starcraft is from a local dealer I can get it for 12 grand it comes with the same 4 str.

The G3 is from the Chicago area and I can get this for 11,500 it comes with a 75 Yamaha 4 str. it is a 2007 new/old stock.

The Lund is a far better boat than the Starcraft for a grand less and the G3 is great deal.

So the search continues.

Yes nice boat that would fit the bill nicely only problem I can`t get a hold of the seller, perhaps it`s a bogus add!!

So what's your price range and size range specifically?

16 footers can range from 68" beams and 30hp rating to 90ish" and 75+hp!

If I were saying to hell with it, and buying what I thought would be the ultimate multi-purpose Walleye boat...I think I'd be looking loooooong and hard at a Lund Pro Guide 1725 Tiller. Front/Rear livewells, tons of rod storage for jigging/rigging/crankbait rods, and a nice open floor and big casting deck.

But then again...Alumacraft Navigators are pretty damn nice too :P :P

I just can't picture a Walleye boat with a 25 horse on it :lol:. I'm not into big motors, don't get me wrong, but width is important in a Walleye boat if you troll more than one rod...for that you need some horsepower. The Lund Rebel XL 1625 is nice too, but not even on the same plane as the Pro Guide.

I may be selling my lund very soon do to poor health. ( 2006 LUND 17 ft side console with 115 merc 4 stroke with easyload trailer boat colour is black and grey carpet and the model is ( explorer ). AND it is in mint shape out the door price new was around ( $34000. ) THIS package has it all . boat is in indoor storage now. I will list it on line in MAY.

JUST A THOUGHT

KEITH.

You know as much as I would like to support the local economy it may be tough given whats available at the local dealerships.

I am finding that there is very little stock available and the prices are nothing to get excited about. The common theme is sorry sir we don`t have that model in stock but we can order it, well I know you can order it but I want to sit in it and I want to kick the tires.

I am expanding my search to included Michigan,N.Y,Ohio and IL, pricing is far better and there seems to be more variety and stock down south. I am somewhat concerned about the warranty issues and that may be the deciding factor whether I buy in the States or here.

Have a look at these two examples,

Lund1625.jpg

Starcraft.jpg

And to add a different style of boat,

G3175.jpg

The Lund is from upstate New York and I can get it for 11 grand it comes with a 25 4 str.

The Starcraft is from a local dealer I can get it for 12 grand it comes with the same 4 str.

The G3 is from the Chicago area and I can get this for 11,500 it comes with a 75 Yamaha 4 str. it is a 2007 new/old stock.

The Lund is a far better boat than the Starcraft for a grand less and the G3 is great deal.

So the search continues.

The Lund seems to be under powered if it is a 16 foot boat.I have a Lund and I am very satified with it.BTW go for the TILLER>

MTP

I have been talking to a couple of dealers in the States this weekend and they seem very eager to find me a boat,one guy said he has as many Canadian customers these days as American and they handle all the paper work.

I just have do the math to see to see what the savings(looks like they could be substantial)and of course find the time to drive down.

The Alumacraft is gone to a new home purchased by a fellow OFC`er.

So now I can start the search in earnest for a new/used rig,looking for a 16-17 foot tiller may consider a side console.

Would prefer a newer rig less than 10 years old and a 4 stroke.

If any of the good membership knows of anything please let me know.

Legends and Crackers need not apply!!

Thanks

I must be blind as I cannot find the classified section here anymore? I thought I saw a really sweet Lund Explorer in there about a week ago for about $10 000.00. Looked like a great set up. It was the same boat I have and love.

I must be blind as I cannot find the classified section here anymore? I thought I saw a really sweet Lund Explorer in there about a week ago for about $10 000.00. Looked like a great set up. It was the same boat I have and love.

Ya I think it was Bondar`s boat but is sold quick.