Simcoe Perch Poll

Master of Bait

Where would YOU go?....  

36 members have voted

1. 1. ...If you were fishing for Perch on Simcoe this Sunday.

• Pefferlaw
    • Jackson's Point
    • Roches Point
    • Cook's Bay

OFNCers,

I was supposed to head up to Simcoe this past w/e with my father-in-law to ice fish but it got postponed to this coming Sunday.

This'll definitely be my last kick at the ice can for the year and I hope to take back a few lunkers pre-stamped with grill marks, ending my first season of icefishing experimentation on a positive note.

Sooooo...., in the spirit of consulting the pros, not-so-pros or just more-pros-than-me, I'd hoped to get a little feedback from you on where you would go if you were a relative novice like myself, without specifically giving up your honey of all honey holes...

Appreciate your feedback. Excercise your right to vote! I promise to leave lots of them swimming and to come back with some pics (better posting technique this time than last)!

Thanks!

I have had much success this year going out of Pefferlaw. If the weather is nice I walk out and if its going to be nasty I go with Steves huts on Holmes point road. Either way I have not been dissapointed yet this year with lots of jumbos taken and one very happy kid. If you don't have a survival suit I would recommend you rent a hut. Good luck , Post pics.

Well if you got a means of transportation, Peferlaw directly south of Thora(sp) Island. If your heel toeing it, Roaches Point of the "Pump house" in Keswick. These are my favorite haunts this time of year.

Hey guys,

We're hoofing it on foot. Kind of worried about the 30km winds they're calling for tomorrow but I think I'll go for it anyways. I haven't developed a Tarpus-anythingus setup, so I'll rely on my two man tent - HA! What a joke - hopefully it doesn't blow away!!!

I liked the area sout of Georgina because it was a short walk from shore to get into some fish. Couple jumbos last time but not crazy.

As for Beaverton, is there an opportunity to get into some close to shore or do you need to get way out there?

I would've thought they'd be moving towards river mouths by this time but maybe it's still too early?

Any last minute tips for "walk-to" general areas are appreciated. If I don't hear anything, I'll go with my gut and hope to have some pics of fish for you tomorrow night. Thanks again.