Venison loin recipe NF

Daplumma

For those who like the taste of deer meat.No need to cover up that great taste.I use 1/2 of a loin for 4 people more if you have more people.

Allow loin to come up to room temp for an hour or so.

Put rack in center of oven,put cast iron skillet in and crank it up to 500 F.

When oven hits 500F remove skillet and put on burner,set on high for 5 minutes.

Lightly coat steaks with Canola oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper or your favorite steak rub.I like greek seasoning but Motreal chicken is a close second.

Sear the loin for 30 seconds on each side in the pan.There are 4 side to the loin if you are creative.

Return to the 500F oven for approx 5 minutes and flip over for another 5 minutes.A meat thermometer will help.140F internal is rare and perfect for me.

Even cooked thru till it is all brown the venison is juicy because the pan searing seals it tight.

Take the meat out and let it set for 5 minutes or so..enough time to make the sauce!!

Now for the good stuff...The sauce..mmmmmmmmmmm

Not for the faint of heart..

Take the skillet and put it back on the stovetop with the bits of burned up meat and spices and add 1/4 cup of port.

Wisk and scrape the good bits stuck to the skillet and reduce for 30 seconds or so.Called "Deglazing"

Add 2 oz of crumbled blue cheese or Gorgonzola and whisk for 30 more seconds or so.

Add a tablespoon of unsalted butter and continue whisking until it thickens a bit.

Serve in a dipping bowl with the meat.

Cut the meat into medallions and serve hot.

Joe

For those who like the taste of deer meat.No need to cover up that great taste.I use 1/2 of a loin for 4 people more if you have more people.

Allow loin to come up to room temp for an hour or so.

Put rack in center of oven,put cast iron skillet in and crank it up to 500 F.

When oven hits 500F remove skillet and put on burner,set on high for 5 minutes.

Lightly coat steaks with Canola oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper or your favorite steak rub.I like greek seasoning but Motreal chicken is a close second.

Sear the loin for 30 seconds on each side in the pan.There are 4 side to the loin if you are creative.

Return to the 500F oven for approx 5 minutes and flip over for another 5 minutes.A meat thermometer will help.140F internal is rare and perfect for me.

Even cooked thru till it is all brown the venison is juicy because the pan searing seals it tight.

Take the meat out and let it set for 5 minutes or so..enough time to make the sauce!!

Now for the good stuff...The sauce..mmmmmmmmmmm

Not for the faint of heart..

Take the skillet and put it back on the stovetop with the bits of burned up meat and spices and add 1/4 cup of port.

Wisk and scrape the good bits stuck to the skillet and reduce for 30 seconds or so.Called "Deglazing"

Add 2 oz of crumbled blue cheese or Gorgonzola and whisk for 30 more seconds or so.

Add a tablespoon of unsalted butter and continue whisking until it thickens a bit.

Serve in a dipping bowl with the meat.

Cut the meat into medallions and serve hot.

Joe

Sounds like a great recipe Joe B) and to tell you the truth.... my mouth is watering right after reading your post :)

You could use red wine for deglazing!!! would bring the sauce to another level ;)

Leechman

Sounds like a great recipe Joe B) and to tell you the truth.... my mouth is watering right after reading your post :)

You could use red wine for deglazing!!! would bring the sauce to another level ;)

Leechman

Red or port will do the trck for sure..give it a try.

Here's what we do with venison Back Straps for our fishing trips.....we make Spiedie's.

Take the lion and cut up into 1" cubes and put them either in a large jar, like a mayo jar or just a zip lock plastic bag...now pour over SPIEDIE Sauce and store in the fridge overnight....then take the cubes and put them on a skewer and cook over a charcoal grill (propane OK). When done put the skewer on a hoagie roll and pull out the skewer...this will be the best SPIEDIE hoagie you ever had.

Here's more about Spiedie Sauce and if you Google it you will find a lot more including a Spiedie Festival.

http://www.spiedie.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=S&Category_Code=SS