Niagara and Lako O Fishing

AzuluSpookd

To all the guys that fish these waters....

I'm looking at going out in early to mid April...

I'm looking for information on Launches at both locations.....what can be caught in April, etc.

Certainly not looking for any locations or what to use, I just want to explore these waters and catch some fish.

If you don't want to post, feel free to PM....

Thanks!

great article on Ontario Out of Doors, Fishing Annual. Lists the launches. St. Catherines marina, Port Dalhousie are the most common. I think there is also a public launch around the mouth of the welland canal i think.

April sees the lakers and chinook salmon with rainbows and browns mixed in. Good brown trout bite in shallow when you can find them. Most tried and true methods early are boards with minnow plugs,spoons in shallow and then head out with riggers and boards looking for the kings. I never got into a shallow bite last year. fished anywhere from 60 to 200 off Dalhousie last year. Great laker fishery and it coughs up some big brutes every spring. The area from the mouth of the Niagara right through to in from of Hamilton Harbor will have fish in the spring.

Invest in a VHF as loads of us are all plugged in out there and sometimes you'll get a helpful hint whether fish are in tight or sitting out in 15-200ft.

There's a launch in behind the Beacon Restaraunt, not great for a big boat it's alittle shallow, but the best early season fishing is just west of the harbour. This area warms up first in the spring is good for browns and coho, use boards, in-lines work well if you don't have a mast/ board set-up. Fish shallow and sloooooow and smaller jointed rapala's are tough to beat this time of year, they still retain good action at slow speed.