Would appreciate some pictiures from fishing for tyler

mr blizzard

Good morning, as mentioned before we were priviledged to go into the Tyler fishing tournament. My wife 14 year old son and I were just going onto the ice that morning with our atv and pull behind sled when a lady took some pictures of us going out just to the left of the boat ramp. We have checked the newspaper and local events magazine for the pictures with no luck. It was a photograhers type camera with large lens and flash. We would like to get some of these pics for our scrap book as fishing is an important part of our family time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :worthy::Gonefishing:B)

Good morning, as mentioned before we were priviledged to go into the Tyler fishing tournament. My wife 14 year old son and I were just going onto the ice that morning with our atv and pull behind sled when a lady took some pictures of us going out just to the left of the boat ramp. We have checked the newspaper and local events magazine for the pictures with no luck. It was a photograhers type camera with large lens and flash. We would like to get some of these pics for our scrap book as fishing is an important part of our family time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :worthy::Gonefishing:B)

Try PMing Motv8tr...she might have the info you are asking for...that woman that took the pictures is there every year and I believe freelances her pics to one of the local newspapers...I'm only guessing but I think it is Bradford...

It's possible that if she's a free lance she might not wish to release any shots, first because her work may be under contract (for the shots that were used in or bought by a newspaper) OR she feels you wanted them free of charge and she would only sell them to you, hence she never bothered to call/e-mail. I'd equate this to the guys who come in, see something they want, then ask me if they can have it and pay me later (yeah - RIGHT!). Not suggesting anything here except maybe a breakdown in communication, it's equally possible payment would have been made if the understanding was there, only she didn't feel that way.

Just my thoughts...

Michael

Edited by cheaptackle

It's possible that if she's a free lance she might not wish to release any shots, first because her work may be under contract (for the shots that were used in or bought by a newspaper) OR she feels you wanted them free of charge and she would only sell them to you, hence she never bothered to call/e-mail. I'd equate this to the guys who come in, see something they want, then ask me if they can have it and pay me later (yeah - RIGHT!). Not suggesting anything here except maybe a breakdown in communication, it's equally possible payment would have been made if the understanding was there, only she didn't feel that way.

Just my thoughts...

Michael

Not looking for any "free" photos and she never mentioned any renumeration, just a pleasant, yes I'll send them. Maybe next time I'll turn the "other" cheek.. ;)

My point exactly - you weren't seeking a freebie - but she may have thought you were which is why she may have never responded, just blew you off because of HER perception. She'd have been further ahead to dialogue with you about costs etc., given you her business card and so on. Her loss!

Michael