$10,000 and a tiller

brkygetr

CO2 Inflatables in Oakville (Dorval Dr) - Best small yamaha outboard guys around (less than 115hp).

They were by far the best price and service when i bought my 60hp four stroke Yammy. (last year).

Variable trolling control is what makes the yammy superior.

Btw, I live in Hamilton, on the mountain, if that's a hint.

MikethePike your motor of choice last year was Honda and nothing but.There was no talking you out of it.NO way no how.You cant just flip engine loyalty over night and have nothing nice to say about the first motor.That's why I say Yamaha or Merc and not always in that order.If i was a 4 stroke it would be a very tough decision but if it was a 2 stroke I would say Mercury Optimax HANDS DOWN>>Now don't always beleive what YOUR dealer says.....

Just my unvalid 2 cents worth of jibber.

Dan

Edited by Percher

I don't have a "loyal brand" myself but when it comes to motors you will find depending on HP that some offer advantages over others.In the range your shopping for the biggest thing to look for is cubic inch displacement and number of cylinders (and any specific model problems),these two things = torque/performance,get the v-4.Dealers to service is pretty important too,I would be very concerned buying a Suzuki/Honda and Yammy for that reason depending on where you live.

Dale, I take it you've been to TommyBoy Yahama/G3 dealership in Owen Sound sinces it's right close to you. What did you think? Seem like good deals on some ATVs. I asked how much spring tune up on my 2002 25hp 4 stroke Yahama would be and service said around $300. I thought that was a little out there. My boat is from Grand Bend, Southwest Marine. They might be worth a call, they sell Yahama and Crestliners? I've tried to email them, but no response in 2 days, so who knows about them.

You're putting together a sweet ride!!!!! I love the tillers, but little experience with a side console. Slow trolling them is so nice, and the extra space comes in handy(carrying all the cases of beer for the guys on a week long fishing trip at a back roads lake). You'll be rocking it up north on those phenomenal lakes with a motor like that and the size of your boat. I need to head up there someday for a week or more!