where to crappie fish

jackal68

42 deg 56 min 02.63 sec North

80 deg 18 min 36.83 sec West

Or just go to googles eath Hybrid map and punch in waterford, ontario, canada

Simple! You will see the ponds on mechanic rd and tompson rd.

Thank you very much! I looked on google earth and seen it. Again thank you

Rob :D

hey how do I use google earth hybird? I thought it was a pay service?

Not at all tb4me, not at all, or I really lucked out.The hybrid is awesome.If I remember right, go to googles earth and down load the advance/hybrid version.And when your pc notifies you of google earth updates,I update.The street sceens are neat as well.

Here is a glimpse

waterford_ponds.jpg

I beleive its the one I lost twice on the same retreive :angry: last august. :angry:

took that beauty on a 1/2" piece of worm while targeting finicky bluegill. :P:D

for those who havent fished waterford ponds before. this is not a typical catch and id assume that its one of very few bass in those waters that is that big. dont go there with high expectations of catching big bass or you will be disappointed. kinda like the 12.25" perch i caught out of puslinch...likely the only one in there that size. ;)

'

Im just trying to find a "decent local hole" to teach my kids. Panfish is the place to start. I was raised (half of my life) in western Quebec and I cut my teeth on 42 inch pike at the age of 12. Back to teaching my kids. I dont want a place where im snagging sheephead and carp! its just a turnoff. I literally want to "upchuck" when I get those fish on.

Back to teaching my kids. I dont want a place where im snagging sheephead and carp! its just a turnoff. I literally want to "upchuck" when I get those fish on.

your kids wont mind catching sheephead or carp .. spent many days at wilkes dam in Brantford when my son was young catching creek chubs and suckers .. now when we troll the grand for eyes and he hooks into a sheephead the smile is still there when he lands it .. as long as there is something biting they will have fun

Im just trying to find a "decent local hole" to teach my kids. Panfish is the place to start. I was raised (half of my life) in western Quebec and I cut my teeth on 42 inch pike at the age of 12. Back to teaching my kids. I dont want a place where im snagging sheephead and carp! its just a turnoff. I literally want to "upchuck" when I get those fish on.

You're sitting on top of one of the best local fishing holes around to teach your kids. For gawds sake DONT take them to Wilkes dam tho---good location but not for kids.

As for Waterford ponds the main pond in front of the pavilion used to have lots of smallish gills for them to play with and if you move toward the back there is a "point" that sticks out into the lake that used to have some dinky perch. I say "used to" cuz I havent fished there for years so ?????

For gawds sake DONT take them to Wilkes dam tho---good location but not for kids.

Haven't been there for quite a while (2005) .. what has changed to make it not good for kids???????

wilkes2002-01.jpg

wilkes2005-01.jpg

used to be tons of chubs, rockbass, smallmouth and suckers

"used to be tons of chubs, rockbass, smallmouth and suckers"

Still is, its just that MOST of the time its combat fishing at its worst and my personal opinion is its not the place to try to teach a youngster how to fish.

You obviously lucked out to have the pad to yourself.

Pakrat is correct about "combat fishing" Some days you go there and you jump back in the car. They also changed the layout after teenage boy drowned crossing the damn. Plus u need to take three pounds of jigs due to all the snags.lol

I used to live just down the street from wilkes

Yup, as caribou said, I think the ice will be completely gone by thursday, barely an inch left where I was fishing, and the one pond was already clear. No hits tonight, about 8 people fishing blueline bridge and no one was getting into anything. Lots of swells though, and geese too

Edited by raptorfan