lowrance 522 c

kgeary

has anyone had any luck with the lowrance 522c

It is a color lcd unit with built in gps

I had 18 = one in each of my guest boats and after one season had zero still working.

curious if anybody had good luck with them.

or has ideas on which unit I might have better luck with.

kg

Kevin I believe all their "value" priced gps/sonar combos are discontinued in favor of HDS units. Good luck finding 17. Maybe Basspro or Cabelas are still liquidating the Eagle units

Edited by darsky

The 522 is sposed to be a very good unit and it seems really strange that all 18 would go down the tube in the 1st year. I'm wondering if there was some how a bad batch of units all produced at the same time and you got a whole shipment of them.

If nothing else, they should all be under warranty :dunno:

Definetely a call to Lowrance would be in order.

Guest gbfisher

What kind of troubles are you having? Fuse gone? Bad wiring from self maybe? :) Not installed properly? Transducer not working from cold weather storage? The crystals screw up from freezing temps...

Try this link.

http://www.fixya.com/support/p790638-lowra...en_color_intern

I've never had any issues with any of the Lowrance units I have bought over the years or have I heard of any from other people I know as well.

Edited by gbfisher

Dang that sucks for sure I have had mine since last winter I used it all winter and alot in the summer with out a problem (knock on wood) that sure does seem odd that all 18 are having trouble try calling Josolyn at Angling Outfitter in woodstock he will be able to let you know for sure what is going on he is the BEST for these things in my opinion. If there is nothing he can do he will treat you right for getting into new units if he can not help I would think you are outta luck. Just me thinking out loud again.

Were they in a spot where people could have hit them with the net handles or paddles? Did you have inline fuses of the right amperage (3 I think)? What has lowrance said about your units? I mean, you easily spent $10-14000 equipping your boats.

They started acting up almost immediately

I narrowed it down to the mapping chip.

seemed like everytime it rained the chip would get wet.

problems varied from no sonar or no gps or just plain nothing.

seemed if I kept them inside for a few days some would get going again.

finally got down to zero working.