walleye?

pikeie

So as my title sugests im having a tough time with the walleye this year, up and around the soo... this weekend will probably be one of our last chances on the hard water.

I would really like to get some nice walleye lol but still not sure where to try... weve tried some lakes east of here with only a few fish iced. i was thinkin of takin a drive north and givin her a go but agian im not sure where! any help is appriceated! PM me if you dont feel like letting the world know lol

Thanks

Matt

whats a walleye ?

jk.

I spent this past ice season (which was a little different then most) scratching my head wondering where, when, and what to use for walleye on lake scugog. but that was short lived.. i gave up quick and went for different fish ..

but i hope you are able to lock them in and get some !

best of luck to you !

Your best bet is to head to Wawa-Chapleau area where you have a decent chance at consistent numbers and size. I know allot of lakes north of the Soo down Whitman Dam/Domtar that do have nice walleye but winter fishing is a bit more hit or miss for them, and the closest one is an hour sled ride. If I were you I'd stick with trout or pike till the tribs warm up.

Other than the couple little spots you have been to there is not much in this neck of the woods for winter walleyes

Dara is right, not to much in our neck of the woods forsure. East of the Soo there is a chain of lakes which I am sure are the ones you have hit. There isnt tons for inland eyes around here (within 2 hours) but there is some big fish in that chain east of the city. Ive seen and caught them...

If you are going north, you have tilley thats about it. Tilley is ok, I guess. Its full of bananas (12-14inches), honeslty I havent been there in 3-4 years myself but I did see one 27 incher caught in may about 6-7 years ago.

If your willing to drive or stay overnight there are possibilites in the wawa, white river, or even up the chapleau highway(129).

Maybe try Bright Lake out....easy access.....

Clearly the river is where the eyes are at around here.....but thats not until after schools done...

PM if you want....oh did you get any pike at that spot????

I took my cousin out the day before it closed. We only got 3, one of his was in the mid thirties tho...

TDunn

We are just starting to think walleye now...with the warm temps coming up and the ice starting to melt is when we start heading out for eyes and leaving the trout behind. I know up here the eyes are a hit and miss all winter long until spring. Be patient, but safe always....some of the best walter fishing through the ice is when the ice starts to pull away from the shore.

Edited by anders