Life Vest Question

atvaholic

Hi!

I am the lucky owner of a life vest given to me by my cousin. He had a tenant that was evicted from his apartment, and he left some stuff behind.

I looked it up and found it here.

The thing is pretty much brand new. Seems well built and lots of pockets for goodies. I cant seem to find any information about weight capacity on the jacket. I also notice it does not have a belt clip in the front. Does not look like there was one. Is anyone familiar with these?

not sure about those float tube things but i LOVE canoe fishing and always get in a few decent trips every year in those good ol' ponds you gotta portage to. and yea, i always wear my vest in the canoe.... never know when a good wind can hit, then your a good distance from shore and you gotta fight to get back :wallbash:

Why not check the boating safety regulations, there are NO opinions there, only facts and the minimum requirements for boating. As for tubing, don't know. Check the regs below, I don't know if a tube fishing float is considered a vessel, paddleboat or peddleboat whatever, but the rest is listed below.

Look here: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/tp-tp...nt_requirements

Edited by Fisherman

You can use it as long as you have another approved pfd with you to keep you legal. With no tags its not a legal vest. But its a vest, you can wear whatever you want.

Thing to do is test it out in shallow water and if you really really like it, use it with an approved vest to keep you legal but if its nothing special I wouldn't have it around because there is the risk that someone uses it not knowing its not approved and getting ticketed for it.

I have a buddy who has a cottage with lots of people around using boats And I told him the same thing, Its not illegal to have an unapproved vest but you run the risk of someone grabbing it up thinking its good and ending up paying a fine.

Tubes.....At some point Trans Ca. has to draw a line between a vessel and a toy. Last I heard if your tubing you should be under parents supervision. LOL The cops would likely lay a charge and let the judge sort it out

Is there even floatation in the "angler's vest"?

If you really like it buy an approved PFD for $15 at Wal-Mart and wear your freebie. You just need to have an approved on board, not necessarily wearing it.

Tubes.....At some point Trans Ca. has to draw a line between a vessel and a toy. Last I heard if your tubing you should be under parents supervision. LOL The cops would likely lay a charge and let the judge sort it out

Like alot of the new Bull regulations that have been put in place, it's up to "officer's discretion". Which basically means it will never come up until the end of the month when the ticket quota's need filling.