probably last weekend for brookie ice fishing

Jds63

we may try a stocked backcountry brookie lake up in the gravenhurst area this saturday ... depending on ice conditions

just wondering what would be a decent go to lure for ice fishing for brookies ... since there are no shiners left anywhere around here

was thinking perhaps a simple worm and hook, or jigging with a small williams or egb

any other suggestions ...

Thanks

ya try worms in 4-10feet of water near bottom (1 foot) or right on bottom. get a nice shiny #30 silver williams wabler jig it 4-5ft below the ice with light quick little jigs and just keep it moving, its all in the wrist. dace also work decent as well if you want to set a still line.

lindy flasher spoon has been my goto spoon for specks this winter! i tip it with a minnow head, dosent matter what species of minnow. drop it to bottom and pound it a few times, lift it up about a foot and watch ur flasher lol!!

ya try worms in 4-10feet of water near bottom (1 foot) or right on bottom. get a nice shiny #30 silver williams wabler jig it 4-5ft below the ice with light quick little jigs and just keep it moving, its all in the wrist. dace also work decent as well if you want to set a still line.

lindy flasher spoon has been my goto spoon for specks this winter! i tip it with a minnow head, dosent matter what species of minnow. drop it to bottom and pound it a few times, lift it up about a foot and watch ur flasher lol!!

thanks guys I'll give that a try, ... being late in the season ..wasn't sure what to throw ... if you still use the same tactics as at the beginning of ice over

ya try worms in 4-10feet of water

4?!?!? Get in 2 and 3 feet you girl!!!! :D

The one and only Speck I caught this winter was with a #6 Eagle claw treble with the worm's head hooked through two hooks on it. No weight at all in about 3 feet of water laying on bottom.

Last year a Blue/Grey EGB tipped with a minnow head jigged in 3 feet caught this one...

Picture004-3.jpg

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i like to use a spoon with the treble removed and a snelled hook with a worm.

i also like a variety of small jigging lures like buckshots, crocodiles, egb's, and natural coloured crappie tubes.