Father Son ice fishing hut rental for Simcoe?

John Bacon

A couple of of friends and myself are hoping to take our sons (all ten or eleven) for their first ice fishing trip. Can anybody recommend a hut rental firm on Simcoe? I was figuring that perch would be our best bet since action is more important than size when fishing with 10 & 11 eleven year olds.

I'd recommend you look at any of the operators in the Pefferlaw, Port Bolster and the Beaverton area. It's a solid area for perch and quite often whitefish.

If you really want to see their faces light up find one that uses Bombardier transportation to the huts.

Friends were out last weekend with Steve's Fish Huts located in Pefferlaw and were treated to a nice 6 mile ride across the lake in a Bombardier.

I'd suggest Tim Hales. He's got the best operation and equipment on the lake IMO. Great huts, and has covers for the big holes, just for kids. He's always on good perch water, out of Beaverton. Great huts, great heat, and awesome transportation. Check out his website.

S.

I'd suggest Tim Hales. He's got the best operation and equipment on the lake IMO. Great huts, and has covers for the big holes, just for kids. He's always on good perch water, out of Beaverton. Great huts, great heat, and awesome transportation. Check out his website.

S.

Went out with Tim hale's huts a couple days ago, he put us on a new spot on the Ice and instantly started catching monster perch, Had about 50 fish between me and my dad or so, we fished about half a day and most the bites were early in the morning.

Thanks for the replys. Many of the suggested places were booked solid. We did manage to book a place out of Pefferlaw for today. The action was slowere than I hoped. But everybody did catch something; both of the kids caught at least a couple each. Nothing huge, but at least the kids didn't get skunked on their first trip.