Fustrated

pike slayer

I went back to school and I am almost done! i'll have a college business diploma by the end of 2010 hopefully!

I too have been working construction for about 5-6 years and decided working for someone else is not gonna cut it forever.

A friend of mine worked for sal-dan and as you said couldnt stand it. He went out the next week got a business name and voila he was his own boss.

I took a job with him last year and we did garage, fence and deck installs for a few hardware stores in town plus a few private jobs.

We were busy until xmas..........Now Im hitting the books again

I was contacted about 2 weeks ago from a general contractor in town becasue he heard I went to school for business.

It sounds like he is going to give me an opportunity to work as a supervisor on a few of his jobs if his bids are taken.

Without taking a step towards education i would still be humping shingles for my uncle.

For extra cash you may have noticed a few articles I have written for TJ. That has lead to being contacted by a few other mags and now i am in the process of starting my own business of writing/guiding. Moneys not amazing yet but its something i enjoy and it involves fishing!

Good luck man, hope you find what your looking for....I have to head too class now for a test then Im off to wakomata for the weekend laker hunting...

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

thanks for the reply TDunn.

i'd like to see a report for wakomata, everytime i drive past it i say i gotta fish it and i hear great reports from ppl.

i'm off to jarvis tomorrow to go slay lakers then monday heading to bone to go jig out some lakers then probably off to tupper/pickard after i got my laker limit

yup, me my uncle and his brother used to go ALL the time. usually at night lol. we sorta stole scrap metal that was out back of buildings really. never got caught though. (thank god). its easy money and pretty decently easy work if you have a buddy. just dont go into old mental hospitals (like my uncles brother) and get caught tearing down pipes and what not. lmao!!! (hospital was located down southern ontario.... some where near whitby i think or ajax... not sure.... along lake ontario anyway haha)

We'll I'll be.. now we have members admitting to them and their families being thiefs! :o What's next around here? :dunno:

Was it some of your family that tried to pull down the, live, telecomm cables up Hearst way?? "I don't know officer.. my brother was riding along on his ATV and died"... turned out he was standing in water while pulling the wires down off the poles!! :huh:

We'll I'll be.. now we have members admitting to them and their families being thiefs! :o What's next around here? :dunno:

Was it some of your family that tried to pull down the, live, telecomm cables up Hearst way?? "I don't know officer.. my brother was riding along on his ATV and died"... turned out he was standing in water while pulling the wires down off the poles!! :huh:

i was tellin a story which i thought was sorta funny.... you took it WAAAAY outta context. I am not a thief nor is my imediate family. my uncle and his borther have always been that way and i no longer partake in that kind of activity! and my family is way to smart to do something as stupid as that. FYI my uncle and his borther no longer do that either. uncles brother owns his own contracting business and uncle works like a regular man. i dont much appreciate your false accusations.

i didnt much care for what you wrote and i found it to be offensive.

i was tellin a story which i thought was sorta funny.... you took it WAAAAY outta context. I am not a thief nor is my imediate family. my uncle and his borther have always been that way and i no longer partake in that kind of activity! and my family is way to smart to do something as stupid as that. FYI my uncle and his borther no longer do that either. uncles brother owns his own contracting business and uncle works like a regular man. i dont much appreciate your false accusations.

i didnt much care for what you wrote and i found it to be offensive.

You know what, you wrote the post, let me quote.

"yup, me my uncle and his brother used to go all the time, usually at night lol. we sorta stole scrap metal".................

Now what part of not being a thief are you referring to?

You know what, you wrote the post, let me quote.

"yup, me my uncle and his brother used to go all the time, usually at night lol. we sorta stole scrap metal".................

Now what part of not being a thief are you referring to?

LOOK, im NOT going to sit here and argue about such a retarded thing. we ALL used to make mistakes and still do. NO ONE is perfect. people need to realize that! im NOT a thief. my part in that operation was to clean the metal and take things apart. people need to make money and thats the way we did it. NONE of my family does that anymore like i said im not gunna sit here and argue. leave it where its at people.

i think its best that this thread is closed now.

Edited by bigredneck