Looking at booking fishing/cottage vacation

Jds63

We have a week booked at a friends cottage on Kenissis next August and my wife seems keen on spending another week up north at a fishing lodge this summer ... now that i have myself a boat ... ... amazing what happens when you get a boat ;)

any type of fish species is fine ... would prefer walleye ...

does anyone here have any recomendations/experiences of fishing lodges within a 5 hr drive of the GTA that would be good

I know they may already be booked up but i'll start checking

thanks

I used to pick one off the internet each year to take the family on vacation.

Some were good, some not so good, one we walked away from but that was my fault because I was so intent on one spot that I ignored the warning signs. The week still worked out good because we just drove down the road to another place.

It was always an adventure..the kids loved it

http://www.duenorth.net/camphorizon/

Stayed with these folks for a week every summer until we got a cottage of our own. Ruth and Denny are good people. Small lake with very good fishing for all the species they have listed. We always caught lots of eyes every year, and I also managed loads of good sized perch and smallies fishing the 12 ft weed line 100 yds off there beach. Nice little sandy beach for swimming. The place is not fancy, but it's clean and everyone is friendly.

Always coffee on at the lodge and people to shoot the breeze with if your missus likes to sleep in. Ruth's homemade donuts and tarts are to die for.

They take care of you so they have a huge repeat clientele so they might be full, but I highly recommend these folks.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

call rick at wishin you were fishin in temagami for one of his deluxe cottages

hottub on deck all amenties private dock as well as satelitte tv great fishing

www.wishinyouwerefishin.com

705-569-4603

tell him malcolm and paul referred

you wont be upset with the cottages