The way it use to be

Big Cliff

oh oh... did someone say DILLI ?....

I too have been around alot longer then I care to admit... and I have been on the receiving end of OFC generosity... the positives far out way the negative.... are there things that bug me? Ohh hell yah! as Wayne eluded too certain posters use these forums as their own cheap advertising/marketing platform.. all under the guise of "the fish are coming the FISH are coming" buy my product.. buy my service!!"

Or the blurring of backgrounds, steeples, sobeys, walmart... the list goes on and on... it is the people that honestly think their spot is Secret, Virgin and not known about my any other soul on earth that are usually the ones causing issues... and to be frank and blatantly honest... it is usually steelheaders that raise the stink.. But then you also have the flipside of the coin.. you have great contributers like Solo that from my memory anyways has not done this.. and could probably school alot of the so called "purists" kids on here on the river.. that in my opinion makes him a great contributor.. the lack of attitude and pomp... Something other then "mine mine mine" is a welcome sight

But like I said.. the positives are why I have stuck around so many years... like many other posters.. in any group of friends there are things we do not agree with... all we can do is agree to disagree sometimes.. trust me I know.. alot do not agree with me!

hope everyone is having a great weekend!

G

I havent been on here a super long time but i have noticed a change since i've joined. still like the site, sorry wont leave yet haha!

i'm from the sault area and there only seems to a good handful of members from the area, i'm not to worried yet about a pile of ppl showing up to my spot when i get to the lakes im fishing. most wont even know the way, most dont have the means to get there atleast not in one piece. i can see you southern boys all worried. here i take a pic and its just bush good luck telling where i am.

i cant say ive ever "found" a good spot from another member. dr.sal shows some pretty nice pics from the park, i knew of the place and the potential and stories before i joined. he makes me want to take a trip up in there more and more but darnnnn im lazy!! haha

and for spam i havent seen to much and if there is it any it gets roasted pretty quick, keep up the good work boys.

You know, maybe I’m just getting old (my goal in life is to live to be as old as Beans is) but we won’t limit it to that. Hey, he is still going strong!

When I first joined this board (a long time ago) back when it was just getting started things seemed different. A “secret” fishing spot was just a place that you could share with someone else that they hadn’t found yet. It was fun to share because it meant you might have company the next time out and meet a new friend. I have made so many wonderful friends by sharing what I can.

Heaven forbid you should post a location or a picture without the CN Tower in the background today. You’d get fried by someone!

A bait or technique must be kept secret, if anyone else found out about it they might catch an extra fish or two and that would offend someone that also managed to find out how/what to use. Doesn’t matter if they learned it from someone that was willing to share. Once they know it, it’s their’s and if you share it with anyone else, you have just shared their secret.

A post that offered a service or a product was accepted as someone having something special that they wanted to share. You didn’t want to buy it, no problem, you didn’t have to. Today a post that even hints that there might be a link to someone that could make a dollar and they are attacked. There seems to be a zero tolerance, better to err on the side of caution than take the chance.

We see emails and articles all the time about how Canadian life is changing and our values and beliefs are being stripped away in the name of “political correctness” . Heaven forbid we should say or do something that “might” offend someone else’s beliefs. Sadly it seems to me that this is the way this board is going lately.

Maybe I’m wrong, perhaps I’m just cranky but I sure miss the way it use to be on this board!

Cliff. I agree.