House Hunting

grt1

Well since this is my first posting a new topic let me tell you I live on the beautiful Gullrock Lake about 11 km south of Red Lake in the heart of Sunset Country.

There are only six houses in our subdivision and only 3 of us are full time residents. Therefore we have the ability to have a lot of wildlife visit us in the winter months (moose, deer, wolves).

Last night we had a visit from a partridge (part of a flock of 10 that prowl around the houses) and he hit the house in full flight. I picked him up and he sat in my hand for a few minutes, then just died.

Now, as all fishermen know you cannot waste the meat you catch, I did the only thing I could, and it is now in the deep freeze. If the MNR read this and come by to check on me I guess my only excuse can be;I DIDN'T KNOW THE HOUSE WAS LOADED!!

I guess this puts a whole new spin on the term house hunting.

You :worthy: , I heve to meet, that is just too funny!

"Last night we had a visit from a partridge (part of a flock of 10 that prowl around the houses) and he hit the house in full flight. I picked him up and he sat in my hand for a few minutes, then just died.

Now, as all fishermen know you cannot waste the meat you catch, I did the only thing I could, and it is now in the deep freeze. If the MNR read this and come by to check on me I guess my only excuse can be;I DIDN'T KNOW THE HOUSE WAS LOADED!!"

Edited by Big Cliff