my rudd furnace will not work

Handlebarz

Just so you know, Trane makes a nice furnace and they usually have a 10 yr parts and service warranty on the entire furnace. All you have to do is have it serviced once a year. If you go with a unionized outfit or someone contracted out by Union Energy it will be more expensive. But make sure you go with a Trane qualified serviceman. I dont touch my furnace and I dont worry about it either. I pay about 75.00 for an annual inspection. A unionized outfit or one contracted by Union Energy charges almost two hundred if not more.

I would avoid Lennox furnaces because the exchanger usually goes in three or less years and it very expensive to replace even under warranty. I speak from experience as a property manager with a portfolio of over 100 scattered units throughout my home town. We had approx. 8 Rudd furnaces in our portfolio. We also had three new Lennox furnaces. All developed holes in the exchangers within three years.

PM me if you want stories about windows and window installers or roofs and roof installers.

I have a Lennox Pulse furnace. It is sneaking up on 25 years old.

The only thing I have ever needed to do on it was a blower motor.

My parents had one as well and the heat exchanger finally had gone on it, but it was a year or two older than mine.

His was still under warranty and they honored it. Pretty good I would say.

Just so you know, Trane makes a nice furnace and they usually have a 10 yr parts and service warranty on the entire furnace. All you have to do is have it serviced once a year. If you go with a unionized outfit or someone contracted out by Union Energy it will be more expensive. But make sure you go with a Trane qualified serviceman. I dont touch my furnace and I dont worry about it either. I pay about 75.00 for an annual inspection. A unionized outfit or one contracted by Union Energy charges almost two hundred if not more.

I would avoid Lennox furnaces because the exchanger usually goes in three or less years and it very expensive to replace even under warranty. I speak from experience as a property manager with a portfolio of over 100 scattered units throughout my home town. We had approx. 8 Rudd furnaces in our portfolio. We also had three new Lennox furnaces. All developed holes in the exchangers within three years.

PM me if you want stories about windows and window installers or roofs and roof installers.

I wouldn't go so far about saying that about lennox, I work for a lennox dealer and am the service man for the company. I have yet to see a heat exchanger with a crack in it and I service tonnes!!!

Rudd is alright, I like servicing the Keeprites or any of the ICP products due to the fact that the majority of parts are able to be replaced with universal parts, such as hsi, flame sensor and roll out switches. Get your furnace inspected every year, a $75 inspection won't cover having the heat exchanger looked at, or the venting, it is basically a touch and feel type inspection, coveing all the safeties. Trane is a good name as well, we deal in American Standard as well, which is a trane product as well. but a lot less in price.

I would definately ask to see the hole in the heat exchanger as causing it to "roll out" the flame the hole owuld have to be substantial. and if there is no hole then DO NOT pay to have them replace it. It is there mistake. You can even goes as far as having them smoke bomb it to check, but usually holes are found when it heats up.

Any questions please feel free to ask me.

Denis

I have a Lennox Pulse furnace. It is sneaking up on 25 years old.

The only thing I have ever needed to do on it was a blower motor.

My parents had one as well and the heat exchanger finally had gone on it, but it was a year or two older than mine.

His was still under warranty and they honored it. Pretty good I would say.

Thos are monsters! :o

the weight of them with the old cast heat exchangers, we had to get one out of a crawlspace 2 weeks ago, had to cut it on pieces in order to get it out. but man did they work well, never seen one that didn't work yet, changed a few blowers, but the only reason they were coming out was the tax credit

Edited by Tinman

I hope there are a few more years in mine.

They advertised at the time they were 99% efficient.

I believe it. Cut my heating costs to 25% of what the previous oil hog was.

It was quite a lot more money at the time but it was a great investment.

Lennox used to be Cadillac units for sure,they used TXV's on their heat pumps and ac when everyone else was using fixed orifices.The Pulse was a big dog unit and tank tuff.I dont know what their stuff is like now as I have been out of the trade for a while,exept for my own and a few family and friends.I'm with tinbanger on that exchnger having a hole.It would have to be a monster of a hole to roll out like that.

Joe

Arcoaire is built by ICP, which also builds Keeprite products. I like them because the parts are easier to get and not nessesarily proprietary to the furnace, u can use some universal parts on them, Which means cheaper and faster repairs!

compare these:

http://www.arcoaire.com/products/vs95.html

http://www.keeprite.com/products/vs95.html

Edited by Tinman

Back order for 10 days they say it should be here for Wensday LOL I hope so.

Maybe I will get luck and for my trouble they will cover the repair man cost LOL again.

Will see how things go this week as for now we still have the heaters going to bad we have a new energy meeter I can not watch the thing spin out of control.